`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peculiar Trading Situation

Peculiar Trading Situation
I haven't rally been big on baseball cards for awhile, but I saw a member's set need thread and I happened to have one of the cards he needed. I sent over a quick 1 for 1 trade offer and specified that just a quick PWE deal was fine with me. It was accepted on March 27th and I shipped the card the next day. 2 weeks later I still haven't gotten my card so I kindly asked the other trader if they had a chance to ship yet. I get a reply back tonight saying they never got the card I sent. I just find it odd that there had been no communication prior to this from the other member until I came asking about my card. Just seems fishy that now they claim they never got the card I sent when I bring up that it's been two weeks and I never got my card. I guess it could be a coincidence, but very odd considering I've never had anything not show up.

RE: Peculiar Trading Situation
(04-10-2012, 11:43 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I haven't rally been big on baseball cards for awhile, but I saw a member's set need thread and I happened to have one of the cards he needed. I sent over a quick 1 for 1 trade offer and specified that just a quick PWE deal was fine with me. It was accepted on March 27th and I shipped the card the next day. 2 weeks later I still haven't gotten my card so I kindly asked the other trader if they had a chance to ship yet. I get a reply back tonight saying they never got the card I sent. I just find it odd that there had been no communication prior to this from the other member until I came asking about my card. Just seems fishy that now they claim they never got the card I sent when I bring up that it's been two weeks and I never got my card. I guess it could be a coincidence, but very odd considering I've never had anything not show up.
That goes to show that a "quick PWE deal" doesn't work. Unfortunately in this day and age you must protect yourself and send with a delivery confirmation for all trades, then there is no disputing that something has been delivered.

Ray

Yea unfortunately the dishonesty of people these days makes me put DC on everything. Good thing is it's free on PayPal shipping but it's gonna still cost you $1.64 to ship. The ONLY things I ship PWE anymore is sometimes I will ship a card for free to someone who needs a $1-$3 card for a set and it's too small for a trade I will usually give it to them for future considerations. Lol.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

this is exactly why I won't do a trade as pwe even if it is not a significant amount. sorry this has happened to you.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Delivery confirmation only confirms that it was delivered, not who it was delivered to. Not that I don't use it from time to time or when requested, but it's not perfect.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Sounds shady, what does him not receiving what you sent have anything to do with whether or not your card was sent.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Seems pretty pathetic thing to do for what sounds like a set filler. star or not maybe a couple bucks tops but to not say anything for two weeks? sounds odd. Did you agree to send first? why would he wait?
no org, please do not send trade requests

Did you happen to re-check the set needs thread, if the card you sent is no longer needed, then you know the person was dishonest.
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

was it a brand new user? or something....

(04-15-2012, 01:31 AM)beatles guy Wrote: Delivery confirmation only confirms that it was delivered, not who it was delivered to. Not that I don't use it from time to time or when requested, but it's not perfect.
It does let you know when a package was delivered or if it has gotten misdirected. I live in a town named Paris so I have had a package misdirected from time to time. It is handy to know that the delivery has been delayed. Besides if you use PayPal to print your labels you save $0.41 on a bubble mailer up to 3 ounces and the DC is free.

Ray