`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help from my fellow collectors

Need Help from my fellow collectors
Ok so I joined a facebook group and I did a trade with an admin there. He demanded that I send first. His name is Shawn Welker. Well he got my cards today and said this
got the cards today, david. 3 of them have dimpling on the front from something small and round (dirt?) getting in between the card and the sleeve. 2 aren't that bad, but the leon hall looks like a golf ball in the bottom right corner. and all of them were in old sleeves and loaders. most of the sleeves even had dust and little bits of junk on the inside of them. not sure if these are just old cards that you kinda threw to the side, or what. let me know your thoughts, please.

MY Reply:
They were reused Toploaders i didn't have any new ones. With you wanting dc numbers right away I just used what I had available.none had any junk and the penny sleeves were replaced before they were sent out. When I sent them none were damaged. Just Send them back.
If you can scan the Leon Hall I have pictures of it so that I can see what you are talking about His reply was:

Shawn Welker
don't worry about it. i already have someone who is going to take them regardless. i'd rather have a card be in a clean loader and wait a few days than get it in a junky loader/sleeve. just wanted to give the heads up about it.
Shawn Welker
as for taking a scan, it probably wouldn't show up. spots like that don't tend to show up in scans. but if you look at it from an angle, there are clearly 4 tiny dimples in the bottom right corner. i have shitty digital camera, but i can try to take a pic. but like i said, i've already got someone waiting on them, so no big deal.

So I go to check the group to find out I have been banned his reason
TRADER WARNING: MY NAME has been permanently removed from the group. 3 of the 5 cards that he sent to me today had dimples on them and then when confronted, he claimed that I was lying. Imagine that... They were also sent in dirty/dusty sleeves and most of the top-loaders were caked in glue residue. Do NOT trade with David, as he has done this to others in the past as well.

Some more info I had never traded on the group before this transaction so I don't know where he got that whole I had done this before crapola. And funny how he banned me right after he got my cards and didn't want to scan them when I asked for some. Just seems fishy to me.
So I am starting to think this guy pulled this crap on purpose to get free cards. So I know there is a way to report him for internet Fraud can anyone point me in the right direction?
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

RE: Need Help from my fellow collectors
You have his addy report him to the local cops in his area. And then let us know the site so we can avoid dealing with that kind of a trader!!!!!
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

(01-21-2012, 03:46 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Ok so I joined a facebook group and I did a trade with an admin there. He demanded that I send first. His name is Shawn Welker. Well he got my cards today and said this
got the cards today, david. 3 of them have dimpling on the front from something small and round (dirt?) getting in between the card and the sleeve. 2 aren't that bad, but the leon hall looks like a golf ball in the bottom right corner. and all of them were in old sleeves and loaders. most of the sleeves even had dust and little bits of junk on the inside of them. not sure if these are just old cards that you kinda threw to the side, or what. let me know your thoughts, please.

MY Reply:
They were reused Toploaders i didn't have any new ones. With you wanting dc numbers right away I just used what I had available.none had any junk and the penny sleeves were replaced before they were sent out. When I sent them none were damaged. Just Send them back.
If you can scan the Leon Hall I have pictures of it so that I can see what you are talking about His reply was:

Shawn Welker
don't worry about it. i already have someone who is going to take them regardless. i'd rather have a card be in a clean loader and wait a few days than get it in a junky loader/sleeve. just wanted to give the heads up about it.
Shawn Welker
as for taking a scan, it probably wouldn't show up. spots like that don't tend to show up in scans. but if you look at it from an angle, there are clearly 4 tiny dimples in the bottom right corner. i have shitty digital camera, but i can try to take a pic. but like i said, i've already got someone waiting on them, so no big deal.

So I go to check the group to find out I have been banned his reason
TRADER WARNING: MY NAME has been permanently removed from the group. 3 of the 5 cards that he sent to me today had dimples on them and then when confronted, he claimed that I was lying. Imagine that... They were also sent in dirty/dusty sleeves and most of the top-loaders were caked in glue residue. Do NOT trade with David, as he has done this to others in the past as well.

Some more info I had never traded on the group before this transaction so I don't know where he got that whole I had done this before crapola. And funny how he banned me right after he got my cards and didn't want to scan them when I asked for some. Just seems fishy to me.
So I am starting to think this guy pulled this crap on purpose to get free cards. So I know there is a way to report him for internet Fraud can anyone point me in the right direction?
If you can access the list of ppl in the group, look and see if there's anyone who outranks him, let them know of the situation, foreward the correspondance between you two to them, if possible. I'd be raising all kinds of hell if I were you lol.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Lessons learned don't send dirty top loaders, don't ever send first when demanded, people who aren't capable of trusting another are not trustworthy themselves. Stay away from Facebook groups.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(01-21-2012, 04:08 AM)mik253 Wrote: You have his addy report him to the local cops in his area. And then let us know the site so we can avoid dealing with that kind of a trader!!!!!
Will do
(01-21-2012, 04:15 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: If you can access the list of ppl in the group, look and see if there's anyone who outranks him, let them know of the situation, foreward the correspondance between you two to them, if possible. I'd be raising all kinds of hell if I were you lol.
He is the Admin on the Facebook group. He is the top unfortunately
(01-21-2012, 04:20 AM)warcraftin Wrote: Lessons learned don't send dirty top loaders, don't ever send first when demanded, people who aren't capable of trusting another are not trustworthy themselves. Stay away from Facebook groups.
The Top Loaders were not Dirty they had tape pieces on top. You know the ones folks from ebay send you. He was rushing me to send out next day so I didn't have time to get new ones. Now I know why he was rushing me he was planning of ripping me off. And now that I think about it no wonder he didn't want to post the trade here or another similar site. I asked and said he was too busy to join these places since he was admin to that facbook group. But I will stay away from facebook groups now.
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

sorry to hear for your troubles, PM me the name of the group if you get a chance I'd be interested to know Wink

unfortunately just because he's an Admin doesn't make him "honest" anyone can open a FB group, and unlike Beckett there's no corporation or anything behind it to make it credible.

I say we all blow up his group and start messing with HIm ......LOL

(01-21-2012, 05:39 AM)pbean Wrote: sorry to hear for your troubles, PM me the name of the group if you get a chance I'd be interested to know Wink

unfortunately just because he's an Admin doesn't make him "honest" anyone can open a FB group, and unlike Beckett there's no corporation or anything behind it to make it credible.
It is funny you said that. He kept saying that over and Over about how he wa admin and how he had the highest rating in the group. So I asked him hey where's the Rating thing on here. He goes oh we use the rating system of another group. So then I ask well is that your group too? And he goes No. So I say well that makes no sense that you use another Facebooks Groups trader rating when it has nothing to do with your group. He didn't like that much.

You know As I keep thinking I keep seeing all the warning signs on this trade that I ignored.

How he wanted me to send the cards to his friend instead of him. When I said I don't do that type of trade he said
Shawn Welker
guess you haven't dealt much, then. shouldn't really matter where you send the cards as long as you are getting your end of the deal. wouldn't you think?

That should have been one of the biggest Red Flags to make me run from the trade. Unfortunately I was too in love with the Stefan Lefors Sp Authentic Gold /25 I was suppose to get.

Please PM me this facebook group.
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(01-21-2012, 10:11 AM)Duchovny2 Wrote: Please PM me this facebook group.
Me too please