`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-12 SP Authentic - What's Your Experience?

2011-12 SP Authentic - What's Your Experience?
Yesterday, my local shop was low on unopened product, so I busted some packs of this year's SP Authentic even though I am no longer an Upper Deck fan. Being a Tar Heel fan, I like the UNC floor cards in this year's product, but have ZERO CONFIDENCE in their autographs. Until yesterday. After pulling eight packs with only a Kenny Smith floor card, I told the shop manager he was stealing my money from me once again. He rolled a Magic dice and told me I needed to open pack 13 (all the packs were on their side), so after a couple more wasted pulls, I grabbed pack 13. Sliding through the cards in the pack one-by-one, my jaw dropped at the middle card. There, in my hands in pack 13 I found a Michael Jordan "By the Letter" autographed letter "O" #06/23! WHAT A RUSH! I now remember why I love this hobby and the chase.

I would post a picture, but the card is already off to BGS for a five-day grading. Maybe this one will be that mythical Pristine 10 I have sought out for nearly a decade of BGS grading. I'll let you know when the results are sent to me.

Thanks Upper Deck! (did I really just say that?).
"Remember, it's only cardboard!"

[Image: beckett01.jpg] [Image: beckettsig.jpg]

RE: 2011-12 SP Authentic - What's Your Experience?
nice pull.. good luck on the grade.

I opened two boxes, pulled a Hakeem "by the letter" /5.. funny how the "by the letters" were in the same pack sequence in both boxes... might by a third box, but after that.. I will not buy any more of this product. sucks getting two sets (# 1-50) in each box... I liked the old SPA, where you get one complete set 1-100... I feel like UD got lazy with their base (fillers)... nobody wants 20+ base sets laying around... you can't even give them away...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

i got squat. but the LCS owner had a nice jordan floor piecevauto 23/23 that he pulled to show me.......

think SPA is always a hit or miss...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(11-12-2011, 02:21 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: nice pull.. good luck on the grade.

I opened two boxes, pulled a Hakeem "by the letter" /5.. funny how the "by the letters" were in the same pack sequence in both boxes... might by a third box, but after that.. I will not buy any more of this product. sucks getting two sets (# 1-50) in each box... I liked the old SPA, where you get one complete set 1-100... I feel like UD got lazy with their base (fillers)... nobody wants 20+ base sets laying around... you can't even give them away...

agreed. 10-11 also has only MJ floor cards and not random UNC (non)stars, though they're every other box instead of every box. I think I'm gonna grab another box of 10-11 SPA in the near future and forego the 11-12 despite some cool new cards (home court sigs come to mind).
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I opened one box of Sp Authentic 11-12 and got a Grant Hill By the Letter "U" Auto to 15!! In the same box I also got a Michael Jordan Floor UNC floor card. I miss the old Upperdeck when they had licenses in all major sports but i digress.

SP Authentic is pretty much a Jordan or bust. From what I've heard, you should get either an "A" autograph in each case...and from what I've seen, a LeBron or a Hill may get you the price of the box back, but you'll never make back the price of the case unless you pull a Jordan, which even then, you'll have to sell everything else to make it back.

It's funny how the shop owner knew exactly where the box pull was...makes you wonder.

I opened a box of 10-11 and got a jordan floor, a mike montgomery auto and a russell westbrook letter patch redemption that just came in. Not bad for my first box of the stuff

I couldn't wait to get me a box and finally found a shop that had one I wish I would have read the replies on the new 11-12 sp's. The highest card I pulled was 12 bucks, I didn't get no where near the price I paid for the box in cards totally bummed out on this one. It is so bad I am embarrassed to even offer them up for trade.

(11-15-2011, 02:17 PM)kevinr Wrote: I couldn't wait to get me a box and finally found a shop that had one I wish I would have read the replies on the new 11-12 sp's. The highest card I pulled was 12 bucks, I didn't get no where near the price I paid for the box in cards totally bummed out on this one. It is so bad I am embarrassed to even offer them up for trade.

That's why I prefer 10-11. The MJ Floor cards range from $40-$100 depending on which rarity type you get. They aren't every box, but close enough since I pulled one! I pulled a couple nobody autos in my 10-11 box, but they still booked for $25 and $30.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]