`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Collecting - Have Anything Here?

New to Collecting - Have Anything Here?
I'm new to the card collecting and bought a couple boxes over the weekend. I think the best card I got was a Andy Dalton from the Panini box. Heres a scan, do I have anything? The other 2 auto's are on stickers the Dalton is on the card. All the cards are mint went from pack to case, scratches are on the cases.

Photobucket

RE: New to Collecting - Have Anything Here?
That Plunkett is nice as well, you did very well!
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

the GU cards have nice colors. that plunkett is a winner. Smile

Wow you did really well!! Congrats!!

The Dalton patch auto, and the Jim Plunkett jersey auto, really stand out.

Both are worth a fair chunk of change. You'll have a better idea of the value when beckett releases them in their price guide.

That's a great start though!!

Yes, you do. That was a great break. Andy Dalton is a top rookie QB, Plunkett is a legend QB, Castonzo was a first rounder, and the Greg Little is a pretty nice patch. Smile

Thank you guys, quick question does it hurt the value at all if the auto is on one of the stickers and not straight on the card?

For the most part the stickers are clear, so I'd say it matters less than they did when they were silver foil.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

Hello, I am new to collecting. I know all the proper lingo/jargon, and was able to pack pull these cards and place them in screw down holders. I also had no difficulty in scanning these cards or posting them here. I also being a new collector had no problem shelling out $160 for a box of the newest hottest product so that i could share it here first!
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

(10-26-2011, 04:30 PM)kennycooks Wrote: Hello, I am new to collecting. I know all the proper lingo/jargon, and was able to pack pull these cards and place them in screw down holders. I also had no difficulty in scanning these cards or posting them here. I also being a new collector had no problem shelling out $160 for a box of the newest hottest product so that i could share it here first!
Man kennycooks, your spot on, well almost it was actually $162.47 after tax as I wanted to support my local hobby shop and damn those screw down holders. I'm not sure why but if I expressed that I had trouble with them would it make me more accepted?

But to the other 5 users so far, thank you for the help.

I'm not sure if sticker Auto's hurt the value as much as On-Card autos bring a premium. I personally have come to really dislike the sticker autos - not sure why, just seems cheap.

Especially one I recently saw posted on one of these boards - a 1/1 patch auto and the auto was on a sticker - just seemed to cheapen what would have been an unbelievable card.

CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]