`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anybody else do P90X?

RE: Anybody else do P90X?
(09-25-2011, 03:01 PM)ceocards Wrote: I've been considering doing it...

Can you give me a brief overview - I know it's DVD's, but do you need a bunch of equipment or is it all using your own body weight as resistance? How much does the program cost?

I've heard a lot of people that really like it...and I wouldn't mind shedding about 10-15lbs
also curious to hear more...equipment, cost, etc
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(09-25-2011, 03:01 PM)ceocards Wrote: I've been considering doing it...

Can you give me a brief overview - I know it's DVD's, but do you need a bunch of equipment or is it all using your own body weight as resistance? How much does the program cost?

I've heard a lot of people that really like it...and I wouldn't mind shedding about 10-15lbs
Basically what it is is a 90 day intense work out program based on muscle confusion. It retails for 120 on beachbody.com but you can get in brand new on eBay for about 90 bucks. That's what I paid for it.

You get the 13 DVDs, the nutritional guide that has 3 different eating programs based on your life style and what you are looking to do as far as your goals in the program. They have a plan for weight loss, gaining muscle and maintaing/gaining energy. You get the calendar that tells you which DVD you pop in every day. The calendar is divided into 3 phases. Each phase is 30 days and you have what's called a recovery week every 4th week. You also get the resistant band that come with it. I would suggest that you do get a set of weights though. Whether that be rubber, cast iron or those interchangeable rack weights that you can click what weight you want.

Starting off is pretty tough because the first 2 days you do 2 of the harder DVDs in chest and back (push ups and pull ups) and plyometrics (jumping exercises). But you do sort of get used to the soreness lol.

It's a really awesome program and for most people that start of doing it and follow the diet, they drop weight REALLY quickly because most of the things you do, your body has never done before which is why if you stick with it, you'll see a big change!

BRING IT!

(09-25-2011, 06:09 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: Basically what it is is a 90 day intense work out program based on muscle confusion. It retails for 120 on beachbody.com but you can get in brand new on eBay for about 90 bucks. That's what I paid for it.

You get the 13 DVDs, the nutritional guide that has 3 different eating programs based on your life style and what you are looking to do as far as your goals in the program. They have a plan for weight loss, gaining muscle and maintaing/gaining energy. You get the calendar that tells you which DVD you pop in every day. The calendar is divided into 3 phases. Each phase is 30 days and you have what's called a recovery week every 4th week. You also get the resistant band that come with it. I would suggest that you do get a set of weights though. Whether that be rubber, cast iron or those interchangeable rack weights that you can click what weight you want.

Starting off is pretty tough because the first 2 days you do 2 of the harder DVDs in chest and back (push ups and pull ups) and plyometrics (jumping exercises). But you do sort of get used to the soreness lol.

It's a really awesome program and for most people that start of doing it and follow the diet, they drop weight REALLY quickly because most of the things you do, your body has never done before which is why if you stick with it, you'll see a big change!

BRING IT!
How do you do chin ups? Do they give you one of those things you attach in a doorway?

Thanks for the info...I might have to give it a try.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(09-25-2011, 06:11 PM)ceocards Wrote: How do you do chin ups? Do they give you one of those things you attach in a doorway?

Thanks for the info...I might have to give it a try.
My bad I did forget to mention that. I think the one off of beach body is 20-30 bucks. I got one from walmart for 18.

LOL, I have been surfing this site for a while since my son and I got into card collecting. I have yet to post anything on the forum until now. Just funny how I am on a card collecting forum and my first post is about P90X. I will tell you, if your considering it, just do it! It is great, it can be alot of fun once you learn all the moves. I am starting my second round tomorrow as a matter of fact.

Is it tough? YES, does it work? YES! Thing is you have to go by the nutrition guide though. You will probably eat more when you start the program than you do now. And its not nasty food, the recipes in that book are very good, at least most of them. The diet will become easy because after you bust your tail working out, the last thing you will want to do is ruin what you just accomplished by eating McDonalds. Just get it, and do it! And write down everything you do.

Well worth the money, beats paying a gym membership
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

I thought it was a great workout. I stopped using it because I found that I just cant get motivated to workout at home. I have to go to the gym, once there you have no choice but at home with limited space,couch,TV, kids and wife running around I just couldnt do it. That being said it is the best dvd workout bar none.

I am willing to sell/trade my complete set of barely used DVD's. I have all the books that come with it unused. I even have the pull up bars and stretchy rope thingys. Probably wont wanna ship the pull up bars though. LMK
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I have been doing p90x for a year now. I weighed 240 when I first started and could not do 1 pull up. After my first 90 day cycle I was down to 217. Also, I did not even look at the nutrition guide, nor did I cut back on eating, and I eat a lot and eat whatever I want. Diets just are not my thing.

So after the 1st cycle, I toned it back a little bit doing a workout every other day and only for 30-40 mins per day. Stayed like that for about 5 months and then I gave my dvd's to my brother so he could do it.

Now I do chest Mondays/Thursday and Pull ups on Tuesdays/Fridays. I weigh 210, eat whatever I feel like, and am in the best shape of my life. It is no problem for me to do 80 pull ups in about 20 minutes. Did I mention 1 year ago today I could not even do 1 pull up!?

I highly recommend it to anybody thinking about it....Yes it is extremely hard at first but just stick with it! Keep putting the dvds in no matter how appealing the couch looks. If need support or motivation shoot me a PM and I will be glad to help. Those dvds gave me more energy and spunk and have allowed me do so many more things. Do it guys!
[Image: braunsig.png]

(09-25-2011, 11:15 PM)eazy e Wrote: I thought it was a great workout. I stopped using it because I found that I just cant get motivated to workout at home. I have to go to the gym, once there you have no choice but at home with limited space,couch,TV, kids and wife running around I just couldnt do it. That being said it is the best dvd workout bar none.

I am willing to sell/trade my complete set of barely used DVD's. I have all the books that come with it unused. I even have the pull up bars and stretchy rope thingys. Probably wont wanna ship the pull up bars though. LMK
PM sent......
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

I can't even walk, much less do a chin up and I need to gain weight not lose it. What do you guys recommend for me?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!