`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Anybody else do P90X?

RE: Anybody else do P90X?
(09-26-2011, 10:38 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I can't even walk, much less do a chin up and I need to gain weight not lose it. What do you guys recommend for me?
Taco bell

(09-26-2011, 10:54 AM)john1580 Wrote: Taco bell
That could be a problem getting it to go down my feeding tube.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-25-2011, 11:21 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: I have been doing p90x for a year now. I weighed 240 when I first started and could not do 1 pull up. After my first 90 day cycle I was down to 217. Also, I did not even look at the nutrition guide, nor did I cut back on eating, and I eat a lot and eat whatever I want. Diets just are not my thing.

So after the 1st cycle, I toned it back a little bit doing a workout every other day and only for 30-40 mins per day. Stayed like that for about 5 months and then I gave my dvd's to my brother so he could do it.

Now I do chest Mondays/Thursday and Pull ups on Tuesdays/Fridays. I weigh 210, eat whatever I feel like, and am in the best shape of my life. It is no problem for me to do 80 pull ups in about 20 minutes. Did I mention 1 year ago today I could not even do 1 pull up!?

I highly recommend it to anybody thinking about it....Yes it is extremely hard at first but just stick with it! Keep putting the dvds in no matter how appealing the couch looks. If need support or motivation shoot me a PM and I will be glad to help. Those dvds gave me more energy and spunk and have allowed me do so many more things. Do it guys!
well I'm sold. I was working out pretty regularly leading up to my wedding last month but have been REALLY lazy since haha. This sounds like something that could be good for me to get goin again.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(09-26-2011, 10:59 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: That could be a problem getting it to go down my feeding tube.
oh yeah..that prob wdnt work then...ask your doctor about protein shakes maybe ?

(09-26-2011, 06:59 PM)john1580 Wrote: oh yeah..that prob wdnt work then...ask your doctor about protein shakes maybe ?
I'm already on a liquid diet and if I get too much, then I leak out of my feeding tube stoma. I haven't eaten by-mouth in 10 years.

(09-25-2011, 09:52 PM)broddam Wrote: LOL, I have been surfing this site for a while since my son and I got into card collecting. I have yet to post anything on the forum until now. Just funny how I am on a card collecting forum and my first post is about P90X. I will tell you, if your considering it, just do it! It is great, it can be alot of fun once you learn all the moves. I am starting my second round tomorrow as a matter of fact.

Is it tough? YES, does it work? YES! Thing is you have to go by the nutrition guide though. You will probably eat more when you start the program than you do now. And its not nasty food, the recipes in that book are very good, at least most of them. The diet will become easy because after you bust your tail working out, the last thing you will want to do is ruin what you just accomplished by eating McDonalds. Just get it, and do it! And write down everything you do.
Glad to hear you are having success man!

I refuse to stop the program because I eat anything and everything and I know once I stop, I will gain weight! lol

(09-25-2011, 11:21 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: I have been doing p90x for a year now. I weighed 240 when I first started and could not do 1 pull up. After my first 90 day cycle I was down to 217. Also, I did not even look at the nutrition guide, nor did I cut back on eating, and I eat a lot and eat whatever I want. Diets just are not my thing.

So after the 1st cycle, I toned it back a little bit doing a workout every other day and only for 30-40 mins per day. Stayed like that for about 5 months and then I gave my dvd's to my brother so he could do it.

Now I do chest Mondays/Thursday and Pull ups on Tuesdays/Fridays. I weigh 210, eat whatever I feel like, and am in the best shape of my life. It is no problem for me to do 80 pull ups in about 20 minutes. Did I mention 1 year ago today I could not even do 1 pull up!?

I highly recommend it to anybody thinking about it....Yes it is extremely hard at first but just stick with it! Keep putting the dvds in no matter how appealing the couch looks. If need support or motivation shoot me a PM and I will be glad to help. Those dvds gave me more energy and spunk and have allowed me do so many more things. Do it guys!
Good job man!

Love the story! I went from 210 to my current weight of 185.
(09-26-2011, 05:38 PM)iconms Wrote: well I'm sold. I was working out pretty regularly leading up to my wedding last month but have been REALLY lazy since haha. This sounds like something that could be good for me to get goin again.
DO IT DO IT DO IT!
(09-26-2011, 07:17 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I'm already on a liquid diet and if I get too much, then I leak out of my feeding tube stoma. I haven't eaten by-mouth in 10 years.
I didn't mean any disrespect to ya creating the forum Jason. My bad man!

I hope all is going well for you. How is your rehab coming along?

(09-27-2011, 07:37 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I didn't mean any disrespect to ya creating the forum Jason. My bad man!

I hope all is going well for you. How is your rehab coming along?
Oh, think nothing of it. I didn't feel disrespected. In fact, I was glad that you made it. I had PMed you and you didn't respond. So I thought I might could find out through this thread. My rehab is what I had PMed you about. I've hit a wall in my rehab. It feels like I'm just going through the motions. Do you have any suggestions? I'm pretty limited on what I can do. I've been doing mat work when my dad has time to help me. I walk with my walker through the house. And I've been doing bar work. I don't know what else I can do. If you can think of anything plmk.

Thanks & GOD Bless!!

(09-27-2011, 08:00 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Oh, think nothing of it. I didn't feel disrespected. In fact, I was glad that you made it. I had PMed you and you didn't respond. So I thought I might could find out through this thread. My rehab is what I had PMed you about. I've hit a wall in my rehab. It feels like I'm just going through the motions. Do you have any suggestions? I'm pretty limited on what I can do. I've been doing mat work when my dad has time to help me. I walk with my walker through the house. And I've been doing bar work. I don't know what else I can do. If you can think of anything plmk.

Thanks & GOD Bless!!
Have you been able to do your routine any other place besides your home? Outdoors, different location, a little change of scenario perhaps?

(09-27-2011, 10:12 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: Have you been able to do your routine any other place besides your home? Outdoors, different location, a little change of scenario perhaps?
No. I'm totally dependent on my parents to go anywhere or do anything. Plus, I don't know where else I would do it, besides at BIR (Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation) & that costs major bucks.

Thanks for your thoughts. Since you're a PT Tech, do you have any ideas of what other exercises I could do to change things up?

(09-27-2011, 10:23 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: No. I'm totally dependent on my parents to go anywhere or do anything. Plus, I don't know where else I would do it, besides at BIR (Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation) & that costs major bucks.

Thanks for your thoughts. Since you're a PT Tech, do you have any ideas of what other exercises I could do to change things up?
Remember PT tech just means I helped them out! Lol

Do they ever put you in a standing assisted table? Help stand you up and straighten out your spine?!

I definitely don't mean this rudely because you are serious hurt but the main problem lies with your boredom of the activities which translate to your routine not being that hard anymore or challenging your body. With the subject of the thread, rehab works a lot of the same. You will not hit a plateau if you are doing something challenging most of the time that causes your brain to think or act/react to a situation that your body is forced to compensate on because of the challenging thing you are doing.

Because I don't know your routine in depth, I can not say but I hope what I am saying makes at least a little since.