Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Prince Amukamara injured
Sad 
OT: Prince Amukamara injured
fractured 5th metatarsal bone in left foot tonight Sad. Surgery needed and out for and undetermined amount of time. Mother F..... Anyone know how long this injury usually sidelines someone?
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

RE: OT: Prince Amukamara injured
O DARN! Wink
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Damn that's terrible, foot injuries can be bad as they tend to nag and never go away. I hurt my foot in high school and it took about 2 years or so to stop tweaking once and a while. I would guess hes done till late in the season or the whole thing. Hopefully hes back sooner!

(08-06-2011, 08:24 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: Damn that's terrible, foot injuries can be bad as they tend to nag and never go away. I hurt my foot in high school and it took about 2 years or so to stop tweaking once and a while. I would guess hes done till late in the season or the whole thing. Hopefully hes back sooner!
Yeah doesn't matter anyway it's not like he's gonna get right on the field anyway even if he could play. Only had like 2 days of practice with the team. I checked around and another guy Beatty on the giants had this injury last year and was out 7 weeks. It's still like 5 until the season opener so hopefully mid season..
(08-06-2011, 08:23 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: O DARN! Wink
Where's the smiley face sticking up the middle finger? I can't seem to find it.

Well in basketball when they break a metatarsal its usually 8-12 weeks i think, could be closer to the 12 for football.

snaps !!!!
Insert Banner.

Dang, that sucks. yea foot injury's are probably the worst thing for an Athlete just ask Yao Ming. I was looking forward to seeing him play in fact I was upset that the 49ers didnt pick him. I felt a little better that other teams skipped him until what 22 pick? Something like that.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Well better him then Terrell Thomas or Corey Webster I guess but it hurts our depth. Hopefully Aaron Ross stays healthy this year..

The one good thing, is it will drive his card prices down. Its good for me, but I do like the Giants, and I figured he'd start or atleast do some nickleback. Shame.
Insert Banner.

$8.3 million got the Giants one practice play!

The last first-round pick to sign, Giants rookie cornerback Prince Amukamara had been in camp all of one day before he broke his left foot. Signed Friday, hurt Saturday, on crutches Sunday, probably cringing about Monday.

With an injury that's likely to keep him out 8-to-10 weeks, Amukamara is not exactly off to a professional start that's the stuff of Hollywood scripts, but he insisted the injury had nothing to do with his delayed signing.

"Definitely a fluke thing. I checked out good in my physical so it was just one of those things that just happened," said Amukamara, supported by metal crutches yesterday at the Giants' training facility. "I've never broken a bone in my body and I never had surgery before so it's definitely a little adversity I have to deal with."
BAD BREAK: Rookie cornerback Prince Amukamara's broken left foot will likely keep him out of action for 8 to 10 weeks and leaves the Giants with a big hole at defensive back.
Neil Miller
BAD BREAK: Rookie cornerback Prince Amukamara's broken left foot will likely keep him out of action for 8 to 10 weeks and leaves the Giants with a big hole at defensive back.

UPDATES FROM OUR GIANTS BLOG

And with two cornerbacks down, there's a lot of defensive backfield juggling the Giants have to deal with after this misadventure. The 22-year-old out of Nebraska said he had gone over the play "like five times" before doing it live at the Giants' Saturday night practice session.

"I was in press coverage and the receiver just stopped and I stopped with him and I just came off," Amukamara said. "I don't know if he stepped on my foot or anything like that. We repped that drill like five times right before I had to do it live on the receiver and there was no problem. Just one of those random injuries. . . . I continued to be in the next play, [so] I played on it. After that I realized something was wrong so I had to go and tell someone about it.

"I'm really down on myself. I feel like I let the team down and myself down," Amukamara added. "I just have to continue to move forward and continue to persevere."

Amukamara didn't know who the receiver was -- "Duke, I believe that's his name."

That would be Duke Calhoun. And the person who eventually was told about all this, that would be coach Tom Coughlin who wasn't exactly giggling over the episode yesterday.

Coughlin has seen two cornerbacks felled early in camp as his first-rounder followed Bruce Johnson, who ruptured his Achilles. Coughlin said he was "shocked" by the latest development, which may have been precipitated by the lockout when players trained on their own and had no contact with their teams.

"As far as I know, he took one play," said Coughlin, who explained the rookie "with no communication with us . . . said he had had some issues, some soreness. I'm not quoting him now. All I know is, I'm being told secondhand that he did say that.

"You wait and wait and wait and then you get a guy in here. We were very conscious of the fact that he hadn't been around, hadn't been here and so regardless of what we were dressed in we were going to make sure to take good care of him," the coach added. "He wasn't going to get many snaps, but that's to no avail. So we're disappointed, very disappointed."

Amukamara faces surgery -- the date as yet undetermined -- when a screw will be inserted. Offensive tackle Will Beatty had a similar injury "a couple years ago and it was 8 or 10 weeks and hopefully it'll be the same," Coughlin said.

So depth behind starting corners Terrell Thomas and Corey Webster plus back-up Aaron Ross is a concern.

"It obviously puts us in a little bit of a hole," Thomas said. "There's Michael Coe who can step up. Obviously we've got some veterans: myself, Corey Webster and Aaron Ross. But we'll find a way. I think this is the Giant way. We always find a way to fill roles."

It's not like they're overwhelmed with alternatives.

"It's a big issue. Losing Bruce Johnson was huge and then losing Prince on the second day -- that's huge as well. Like I said, team depth at corner is really important right now, especially how fast corners go down throughout the season. Losing those two guys is really big," Ross said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/ro...z1URh5C3HK
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"