`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yadier Molina to be Suspended

RE: Yadier Molina to be Suspended
OK....As a person who went to Major League Umpiring school I will chime in..... The "bumps" were all fairly incidental, as was any spitting. It is clear he wanted to get in the Umpires' face and give him the business.....The announcers were the ones who had lost their marbles...... 3-5 games max.

FYI- As an umpire you work with the catcher a ton......If the catcher is eating your' ***** you probably have it coming.

that guy is a jerk. i have nothing against cardinal fans and i dislike the cubs more than i do the cards(please dont start yelling at me) but things i've seen from certain cardinal players(and coach) are extremly classless. just the other day larussa complained that the banner lights at miller park are brighter when the brewers are batting to give them an unfair advantage(i've been to mp dozens of times-not true at all) and braun getting pegged last night was just pathetic. there was no way pujols getting hit was intentional. i really dont hate the cardinals even though i am a huge brewer fan. i still am a big fan of mark mcguire.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

i was at the game, 1st row down 3rd baseline, the ump deserves it though after screwing the cardinals the day before on that skip shumacker play at 1st when he was clearly safe, rafael furcal threw me the ball after that amazing catch to keep the game tied Smile

(08-03-2011, 11:58 AM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: i was at the game, 1st row down 3rd baseline, the ump deserves it though after screwing the cardinals the day before on that skip shumacker play at 1st when he was clearly safe, rafael furcal threw me the ball after that amazing catch to keep the game tied Smile
You mean Rafael Dirtball right? That is what he was when he was with the Dodgers.

I should clarify: I don't think he intentionally spit in the ump's face. When the ump acted like he was spit on, Molina was still yelling. If you are intentionally going to spit on someone, you can't do it WHILE yelling. As for the bumps, I didn't really see anything much at all.

Having said that, Molina TOTALLY LOST IT. He will probably get a 3 game suspension. I just think all these suspensions are too light. I understand he was fired up, and I understand it was the 10th inning. But have some self control. It wasn't THAT bad of a call. If you can't control yourself, expect a suspension.

Disclaimer: I hate the Cardinals.

(08-03-2011, 08:25 AM)kevinnashoutsider Wrote: Last night, Molina completely went berserk on the umpire in the 10th inning. He bumped him several times and even spat in his face! This is totally uncalled for behavior especially from a player of his caliber. On the plus side, now the cardinals will lose their catcher for awhile which will help them lose games and fall behind the Brewers in the central.

First of all anyone would try to get out of the way of spit however it comes out of your mouth. Second, the video sure looks like he bumped the the umpire. PLEASE explain how this umpire and all the other umpires can't call a pitch on the inside when they are squatting right over the catcher's shoulder. This pitch Has to be called correct. The outside pitch is just guessed at and probably called correct 30% of the time. Who made the decision to squat over the catcher's shoulder? Is this the best position for an umpire to make a call. Even umpires should be held accountable for "stupid and nonchalant" calls in thier work place. I am gone.

Molina didn't just flip at one pitch that was inside, Skip was called out on a pitch shoulder high in the game...and the day before the same ump called Skip out at first on what would have been a run scoring play when Skip beat the throw by a foot. The ump was extremely inconsistant the entire game behind the plate, Yadi didn't bring up snot from his nose and spit it into his face...saliva in his mouth came out while he was yelling at the ump...Yadi will get his two game suspension and then everyone will be on their way. That being said, way to go Holliday and Berkman in the 11th to bring it home, now lets get that series win today !
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

(08-03-2011, 11:53 AM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: that guy is a jerk. i have nothing against cardinal fans and i dislike the cubs more than i do the cards(please dont start yelling at me) but things i've seen from certain cardinal players(and coach) are extremly classless. just the other day larussa complained that the banner lights at miller park are brighter when the brewers are batting to give them an unfair advantage(i've been to mp dozens of times-not true at all) and braun getting pegged last night was just pathetic. there was no way pujols getting hit was intentional. i really dont hate the cardinals even though i am a huge brewer fan. i still am a big fan of mark mcguire.
I agree, LaRussa is a jerk..One of the only coaches in MLB that I cannot stand.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(08-03-2011, 12:27 PM)jerodc10 Wrote: That being said, way to go Holliday and Berkman in the 11th to bring it home, now lets get that series win today !
Not gonna happen, wolfe is gonna take it home for the brew crew and they will continue there dominance

(08-03-2011, 12:32 PM)kevinnashoutsider Wrote: Not gonna happen, wolfe is gonna take it home for the brew crew and they will continue there dominance
Rolls eyes, and spits on the screen....just kidding. Hopefully it will be a good game like last nights game. You have to admit, last nights game was a good one (and not just because the CARDINALS WON!). I like a game when the lead goes back and forth.