`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100th Post and My Will "The Thrill" Super Score!

100th Post and My Will "The Thrill" Super Score!
I have always been a huge St.Louis fan and had very little interest in other teams' players as a kid.....With the exception of a very few...One being Will "The Thrill" Clark. I went to a game in old Busch Stadium and Mr.Clark came in high on Ozzie to break up a double play(The Wizard still made it happen!). This did not sit well with Jose Oquendo who decided it would be a smart idea to jump on Wills' back and punch him....Needles to say that was a bad mistake and he was rewarded with a resounding body slam! The benches cleared and I stood there and witnessed one of the longest brawles in MLB history. There was a group Giants fan in front of us and my Dad went and bought them a bunch of Cardinal hats, t-shirts etc because he wanted to help people with..and I quote the old man, "A need to get to know the best team in baseball...." lol. Anyhow I have been a Will Clark fan ever since. I got the chance to get my Rookie card auto'd in person and took it! Going to send it in for grading soon! I am very stoked...

[Image: Scan_Pic0102.jpg]

[Image: Scan_Pic0103.jpg]

RE: 100th Post and My Will "The Thrill" Super Score!
I've always liked the 87's topps personally. And congrats on the auto! Smile
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

very nice
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

Just got the same card autographed, but in blue sharpie! Congrats!
[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

always nice to see a "Thrill" thread, nice pick up!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

Congrats and thanks for sharing the story. He's one of my favorite players, his intensity was amazing to watch.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Will was an awesome player...The show he put up against my Cubs in the NLDS was an all time great..

He would have had Hall of Fame numbers if his elbow injuires didn't rob him of his power and ultimately his career..
[Image: arod.gif]

(07-27-2011, 09:27 PM)muz0 Wrote: I've always liked the 87's topps personally. And congrats on the auto! Smile
I was given a 1987 Topps Christmas set for Christmas in '87. I've been collecting ever since. My grandmother is the one that gave me that set and when passed away last year, I pulled that set out and looked through it, thinking about her and that Christmas present.

That set isn't worth a whole lot, but it will not leave my possession.