`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Upper Deck completely disappeared?

Has Upper Deck completely disappeared?
I recently bought 2 blaster boxes of the 2009-10 UD Basketball. Like others here that I've read, most of the cards, almost 80% of them, were misprinted with the wrong players. I contacted UD to see what they could do and they gave me a case number and told me to send them the misprinted cards. I figured, why not, I can't use a bunch of misprints. That was a couple weeks ago. Today I tried to contact them on the status and the website is down and all numbers I tried are down. Has anyone else noticed their disappearance?

RE: Has Upper Deck completely disappeared?
their facebook page talks about them moving hq as well as the website being down...phone numbers were down as well, and I initially thought the same thing....

(06-24-2011, 04:40 PM)mrmichael71 Wrote: I recently bought 2 blaster boxes of the 2009-10 UD Basketball. Like others here that I've read, most of the cards, almost 80% of them, were misprinted with the wrong players. I contacted UD to see what they could do and they gave me a case number and told me to send them the misprinted cards. I figured, why not, I can't use a bunch of misprints. That was a couple weeks ago. Today I tried to contact them on the status and the website is down and all numbers I tried are down. Has anyone else noticed their disappearance?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the info!

Well, lets see,

1. Sued by Konami for making counterfeit Yu-Gi_oh cards, Multi-million dollar settlement awarded.

2. Sued By Major League Baseball for trademark and copyright infringment, another multi-million dollar settlement awarded.

3. Lose Baseball License.

4. Lose Football License

5. Lose Basketball License

6. question as to if Hockey License will be renewed, which is doubtful.

7. Still owe NFL, MLB, NBA players money for autograph signings, to the tune of several million dollars.

8. Evicted from their Headquarters building for failure to pay

9. The only cards they are allowed to produce are NCAA Basketball and Football, NHL Hockey (for now), and MSL ( Soccer )

10. Now they are moving their redemption, processing center, warehouse or whatever to North Carolina, and keeping the HQ in California, which sounds kind of fishy to me, for obvious reasons.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Don't forget their sporadic golf license, Shez.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-24-2011, 07:14 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Well, lets see,

1. Sued by Konami for making counterfeit Yu-Gi_oh cards, Multi-million dollar settlement awarded.

2. Sued By Major League Baseball for trademark and copyright infringment, another multi-million dollar settlement awarded.

3. Lose Baseball License.

4. Lose Football License

5. Lose Basketball License

6. question as to if Hockey License will be renewed, which is doubtful.

7. Still owe NFL, MLB, NBA players money for autograph signings, to the tune of several million dollars.

8. Evicted from their Headquarters building for failure to pay

9. The only cards they are allowed to produce are NCAA Basketball and Football, NHL Hockey (for now), and MSL ( Soccer )

10. Now they are moving their redemption, processing center, warehouse or whatever to North Carolina, and keeping the HQ in California, which sounds kind of fishy to me, for obvious reasons.
Wait, they were evicted? Are you sure?

(06-24-2011, 07:46 PM)daytonator Wrote: Wait, they were evicted? Are you sure?
Yep, Over a year late in Rent Payments

11. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Sues Upper Deck

12. Owe the IRS $80 Million Dollars in Back Taxes and Interest, from an Illegal Tax Shelter

13. Owe the California Franchise Tax Board $17 Million in Back Taxes and Interest.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Upper Deck is doomed? I can't wait to see Topps and Panini battle it out for the best card manufacturer in the future! I'm so immature to say this, but, goodbye Upper Deck. Sorry... XD
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

It will be a very sad day if Upper Deck leave the sports card industry. In my opinion, their cards are head and shoulders above their competitors in terms of card design.

Well, we can't say we didn't see the writing on the wall. I saw it when they announced 2009-10 Skybox. This was a product that ended up killing Fleer as a company.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.