`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Weird Im chat

RE: Very Weird Im chat
Thanks for the comments guys. While I can see the whole 30 of a card thing for some folks. I just don't see it as something I would want to do.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(06-19-2011, 05:36 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: lmfao that guy is a weirdo and seriously needs to get a life.
yup, that bout sums it up Sad

(06-19-2011, 05:36 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: lmfao that guy is a weirdo and seriously needs to get a life.

+1,000!

Wow, I hate when people worry about another collector's collection. Who cares!!! You have a great collection. I personally collect Sam Bradford and trade any dupes I have for cards I dont already have. I consider myself a "real" Bradford collector. All that matters is at the end of the day what makes you happy is all that matters.
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

yes all that matters is if your happy who cares what he thinks its your collection and its a good one at that.keep up the good work.oh and so far cisco your the onlyone in line for my bradfords so will let you know on thursday.i do have two of the sp bradford one graded and one not
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

YOUR COLLECTION IS YOUR COLLECTION!!! I get a kick out of "supercollectors"....how you become one is through other's opinion, not some set criteria. I have alot of nice fred taylor, but no way am I a super collector, nor do I feel I am with fred taylor or anything else I have. The only supercollector I would call one would be jaderock and brunell, as his collection is quite comprehensive and highly involved. If you like how and what you have, continue. If you want to change it for your own benefit, do it!!!
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(06-19-2011, 05:18 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: So I had a guy Im me on Yahoo. Since I use the same user name on several forums I asked him what site he got my messenger name from. He wouldn't answer. So I said ok how can I help you. He stated that I shouldn't have put my Chris Henry collection on here for the collectors issue since Im not a true Chris Henry Collector. Well I asked uh why not? He said he was more a Chris Henry collector then I was. Stated that he had 35 exquisites and 40 Sp Authentics. And 35 Contenders. So I told him thats all fine and good but just because I don't collect dupes doesn't mean Im not a real collector. He got mad saying his cards were not considered dupes etc...

But in the end It made me wonder is he right? I try to get 1 of each card Chris Henry has. But does that make me a true collector? Or should I be like that guy and have 20 something copies of the same card? Atleast before this conversation I thought I had a decent collection. Maybe Im wrong. What do you folks think?

Heres a vid of my collection:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GI2KYa5kAA
I think the guy that IM'd you is a little obsessed and weird. Sounds like he probably lives in his mom's basement or group home, is 45, no female companionship, and has more of an obsession for Chris Henry than you do...or is probably lying to you about his collection.

It doesn't matter how many cards you have of said player; all that matters is that you have a great collection and it's YOURS. Screw someone who thinks their collection is better, that's a matter of opinion. Keep doing what you're doing, and don't second guess yourself or anything you collect (except trash, and cans).
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

I am a big fan of rare multiples. I like to have 2 or 3 of the 5 possible cards available of a certain player.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(06-19-2011, 07:11 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: I am a big fan of rare multiples. I like to have 2 or 3 of the 5 possible cards available of a certain player.
See I don't collect dupes because In my mind I can see another collector looking for that one card and can't get it cause someone is hoarding it. I know it sounds weird but thats what pops into my head
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(06-19-2011, 07:09 PM)ft28jags Wrote: I get a kick out of "supercollectors"...
Me too. I've always believed that term is way overused and has totally lost all meaning. I seriously hate self proclaimed supercollectors. Biggest losers out there.

Don't even listen to that weirdo. I don't get why people have to rag on who or how another person collects. Whether you want one of everything or a total print run set of a card, it's all good.

Also, just saying you have "x" amount of cards means squat. Prove it! Show it off instead of hiding like a *****! I hope you make it into the magazine as the sole supercollector of Chris Henry so we can all laugh some more at that guy who messaged you.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

I definitely think he's weird, I collect Brandon LaFell and don't care to have more than one of each of his cards, to each his own, but who is he to tell you you're not a true collector????
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]