`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
(10-11-2020, 10:52 AM)savagenate Wrote: I think they keep putting him into sets just for you Jaderock lol. Nice card!
Testify!

(10-13-2020, 11:06 AM)notjomommasclint Wrote: It's really difficult. I hope you never ever ever run into sellers like that on your amazing collecton.
Agreed. Though there's plenty of other people who also like helping out, hopefully on the balance it evens out or skews towards helpfulness. I'm still quite proud of my contribution to Jade's Brunnell collection. Possibly one of the greatest oddballs I've seen him post in this thread, though maybe not the oddest of oddballs - that old computer PCI TV Tuner card box lol!

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
notjomommasclint Wrote:Do you implement some strategy when a prickly seller is holding a Brunell card as absurd prices well above market value? 
I always try to find a solution no matter how long the process may take - never give up.

If someone has a card I need, but I can't afford the asking price, then I offer items of interest to the other party in hopes of a trade. It works sometimes and doesn't other times. At the end of the day, it's their card and they can do what they want with it, but I will make yearly inquiries on it.

There have been purchases/trades that took well over a decade before it was completed. For example, I once bought out a formidable competitor that hated my guts when she reached out and offered me a deal of a lifetime after she found out she was terminally ill. (I am forever grateful to Pam Jackson - may she RIP). 

On the other hand, there are other cards and collections that I still haven't gotten (some of which I have inquired  since 2004, but I continue to try to this day. I once offered a complete set of 1999 SP Signature Joe Montana Signature Performance Autographs 10 card set for a #1/1, but was turned down. 

---
Today's NEW addition:

Auto

2020 Panini Gold Standard Double Standard Autograph Minshew and Brunell #/25 ... I wish for the Jags to continue to tank so they can draft Trevor Lawrence and Minshew becomes an afterthought.

Thanks for looking and never stop jadeROCKing!

[Image: mcj7ux63.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

What?! No love for stache man?!

Man if they draft Lawrence, you're going to be looking at some PRICEY duals with your guy lol
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

Jets are trying for 0-16. Lawrence is destined for the gang green. Hopefully for him, under new management. But Fields or that kid from NDSU won't make it much cheaper lol.

Lawrence should pull a Peyton Manning and stay for his senior year.

Ok guys, I guess I didn't think that one through!
---
Today's NEW addition:

#1/1

2017 National Treasures Printing Plate with Jersey Patch!

[Image: vng7w18r.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

Nice! These can be so hard to find! I'm down to needing one plate for two different Burfict sets...so close yet so far!

Nate: I think in all my years of collecting, I have 1 pack inserted completed printing plate set...many 3 of 4s, but to complete all 4 is a rarity.
--
Back from suspension LOL, today's NEW addition:

Press Photo

Dated May 3, 1993 Mark Brunell in Green Bay Packers training camp

[Image: 8w0m1ao8.jpg]

Today's Addition:

Dual Auto

2004 Upper Deck Link to the Past Dual Autograph Mark Brunell and Ken Stabler #48/50

[Image: gb9sh08d.jpg]