`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
And this may be an addendum to the 71 Topps variant checklists already mentioned in Beckett.

Card 619 can be found with and without copyright info, per Beckett. There is also a discrepancy with the batter on the front. The "with copyright" version has black shading on the rear of the red helmet, while the "without copyright" feature no shading on rear.
[Image: 619.jpg]

Also, card 123. This card can be found with the card number centered, or to the right. But the batter also has a discrepancy. The "centered" version features black shading on the rear of the helmet. The "right" version features white shading rear of the helmet.
[Image: 123.jpg]

Interesting stuff guys. Marking my spot so I can come back to this again some time.

Originally I posted this as a single post, got no responce and I thought maybe someone here would have some information. Thanks...Mel

Lol, this might be a few years too late but!

Question for Olde School Collectors.

These "Famous Feats" reproductions were on the backs of 1986? Fleer Logo Stickers. It is a 22 card set.

As you can see there are 2 different types of logo stickers. My assumption is that they were in either series 1 & 2 or maybe one was in a Special Edition (like Super Stars). They are typical of early Fleer issues, terrible quality control and printing process.

Now for my questions

1) Does every player "Famous Feats" back card have a logo Sticker from every Team on the front of the card? I can find only 5 for most most player back cards.

2) Is there a FREE downloadable spreadsheet program out there somewhere that won't kill my computer?

Thanks for your help,,Mel

[Image: img797.jpg]

Here's one that is not even labeled a UER in Beckett. 1981 Fleer Fernando Valenzuela rookie. Fleer forgot the "o" at the end of his first name.

[Image: new3.jpg]

Here's a 1997 Topps Aaron Sele 243 with no name printed on the front.

[Image: 123.jpg]

1992 Donruss with and without the Donruss "watermark" on the rear. Of the thousands of Donruss cards I've looked at, this Thomas is the only one I've seen without the "watermark."

regular scan:
[Image: scan0006.jpg]

tweaked (poorly) scan:
[Image: scan00062.jpg]

benaguirrejr Wrote:1992 Donruss with and without the Donruss "watermark" on the rear. Of the thousands of Donruss cards I've looked at, this Thomas is the only one I've seen without the "watermark."
Wow, I never even noticed the watermarks! I'll keep a lookout on those!

As I sort through my collection I run across variations/errors. I'm sure this is nothing great, but wanted to pass it along to other collectors.

Here is the latest:
[Image: Pennington.jpg]
The coloring across the top is different green on one and purple on the other. I have 5 or 6 copies of this card and only one is green. It looks like the purple color (or what ever colors they use to make purple) had ran out during printing because the Oriole on the hat looks faded.

Dave

What do you guys think about print errors like this? This was a mass produced print error on the 1989 UD. Notice the pink round circle in the top right of the two cards in the right column. Do you consider this a variation?

[Image: 1989--ud.jpg]

onionring9 Wrote:
benaguirrejr Wrote:1992 Donruss with and without the Donruss "watermark" on the rear. Of the thousands of Donruss cards I've looked at, this Thomas is the only one I've seen without the "watermark."
Wow, I never even noticed the watermarks! I'll keep a lookout on those!
I cant varify this looking at 300+ nolan ryan cards. Might be a true rarity