`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk 2024 Bowman

RE: Let's talk 2024 Bowman
(05-17-2024, 11:17 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Aren't the Target blasters $30?

And in any case, you aren't getting one blaster for free - you're getting 7 blasters for $210 plus tax versus 6 blasters for $210 plus tax - spending $210 on blasters means he's not nearly as clever as he thinks he is with that "bargain"
Depends on what you call a bargain. I've watched people on YouTube break 9 blasters vs. 1 hobby box because they're basically the same price.

The results have almost across the board been 3 times the parallels, 3 times the numbered cards, and 2-3 times the autographs. I've opened 11ish blasters, a retail box, and a handful of retail packs. 3 autos and about 8 numbered cards in the blasters. 0 autos and 3 numbered cards in the retail box. Haven't touched hobby, jumbo, or HTA.

So if there is a "bargain" to be found with Bowman, it's certainly in the blasters.
Kepler

Opened a total of four blasters … one Skenes AI insert, two Crews base, Douglas Glod (Braves) chrome auto, one Ohtani base, one Soto base, tons of dupes.

Done with this product.

(05-21-2024, 01:09 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Opened a total of four blasters … one Skenes AI insert, two Crews base, Douglas Glod (Braves) chrome auto, one Ohtani base, one Soto base, tons of dupes.

Done with this product.
Is an AI insert cards using AI images or designs?

(05-22-2024, 12:53 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Is an AI insert cards using AI images or designs?
No it's just the new catchy trendy term. Actually to be called Bowman AI I personally feel they are lacking the futuristic aspect that AI is supposed to represent and they are one of the more blah looking inserts compared to Gladiators and Rising Inferno.

(05-22-2024, 12:53 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Is an AI insert cards using AI images or designs?
No.  Just some background that looks technical...LOL

Yeah, pretty underwhelming, LOL

I see that the Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs are priced...but not the paper autographs. Weird.

Mega was released, listed on the website, yet, not in the OPG yet.  The checklist is on the webpage though

Cleared out a total of 7 blasters from the two Targets in town.

Got the five players I didn't have yet:

Skenes (1 paper)
Yamamoto (3 paper, I think)
De La Cruz (2 paper)
Langford (1 Chrome, 1 paper)
Jenkins (1 AI insert, 1 paper)

Big "hits" -

Kendall George black chrome parallel/10
Mason Barnett paper auto
Mason Barnett blue paper auto/150 (I think)

I guess if Barnett ever makes it big, I'm a winner.

Anyway, definitely done with this product now.

(05-22-2024, 05:00 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: No.  Just some background that looks technical...LOL
Maybe it was designed by AI then