`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk 2024 Bowman

RE: Let's talk 2024 Bowman
I have 4 blasters waiting for my return from memorial service in NY..driving in a few minutes..we will see what happens...no hobby for me..autos int eh past have been MEH at best

Busting Update: I opened packs with 720 cards. 384 are unique...the rest are duplicates. If I got one of every base card there would still be 278 duplicates.

Bowman gonna Bowman

hearing lots of reports of Hobby and Jumbo boxes missing the guaranteed autos. Rumor is they somehow accidentally packed them into Blasters instead but at this point no confirmation from Topps/Fanatics.

Think all formats except Mega Boxes are live at this point. Have to say Jumbos look good, retail looks on par with last year, Hobby is really mehhh and the HTA/Breakers Delight are really high risk for the price for only 3 cards all be it 3 autos but 9/10 boxes are going to be a bloodbath at $600+ a box. I think the Mega Boxes could be sneaky good and out of the gate I can see silver packs going for $50-$75 each or more.

My 24-pack retail box contained a surprise auto, but I have heard many others finding those in prior years retail versions.

I cannot imagine what kind of day I would have paying $750+ for a Jumbo box and not getting all 3 autos!! Then Topps can send you any scrub auto as a replacement...

Jumbos only have 3 autos and Hobby has 1

(05-12-2024, 01:10 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Jumbos only have 3 autos and Hobby has 1
Thanks.  Updated my post.

$50.00 a pack for jumbo. Bought 2 packs. Pretty sure I didnt get anything significant, and I dont care even a little bit for the base paper RCs.

I may buy a couple more packs down the road, but the expense and gamble are ridiculous.

I'll try to trade for my wants.

Sorry to hear that, man.

There is no reason to buy hobby Bowman over retail.

Case in point - found exactly one blaster at Walmart this morning that the Great New Collectors I Keep Hearing About left behind for some reason.

Six packs, 12 cards per, for the low low price of $35 ... managed to pull an "AI" insert of Paul Skenes.

FAR better card than anything I pulled out of four piece of crap hobby packs for the low low price of $14 each last week at the LCS.

"Can" you hit better cards in hobby?

Allegedly - for absurdly higher prices.

Have I ever, in 35 years of collecting?

No.

Retail wins ... again.

I know..sometimes it just makes sense to buy retail...so I keep track of Topps.com..when on line drops..be ready///

Case in point..got 2 boxes of 2024 Topps Heritage Mini for $50 each..free shipping with other stuff...from Topps.com

Now they are doubled at least on after market and this one!!
2024 TOPPS HERITAGE BASEBALL MINI HOBBY BOX *LOT OF 9* FACTORY SEALED, IN HAND! for $999.00 !!!!!

If retail proves better than hobby for Bowman..watch the prices go up and up...