`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Off Season and Draft

RE: 2024 Off Season and Draft
(04-19-2024, 03:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I did an informal review of 3-4 mock drafts, and of the consensus top 20-25 picks or so, I think I have at least one card of almost all of them at this point.

It's a double edged sword - I would be running all over trying to find 2024 draft products if all of the cards were of new players, but I mean, I've been accumulating Spencer Rattler cards for about 3 years now LOL
Of the quarterbacks in this year's draft, I have auto cards from all of the major ones but Caleb Williams - I have 2022 and 2023 auto cards of Jayden Daniels.  I have multiple numbered cards of Williams already.  And I think I already have college licensed cards from most of hte major players in the draft other than Jayden Daniels who doesn't have any. 

I'd still probably get some Chronicles Draft Picks because of the variety of sets and it's generally a good value - but other than the variety from Chronicles Draft Picks, what is the point?  I guess there can finally be Jayden Daniels LSU cards but that's a pretty minor hook.

Given that college licensed cards really don't sell any better than player licensed, there isn't much appeal for the Bowman/Panini products of incoming draft picks other than the few who didn't have previous college licensed cards and let's face it, it's almost impossible to imagine another case like Jayden Daniels where there were few cards of a future Heisman Trophy winner/top draft pick - he obviously was willing to sign for a card company and appear on cards but only Sage was releasing it - unless someone Daniels signed an agreement to appear exclusively with Sage. But I doubt that.

I repeat, Leaf is signing a bunch of high school quarterbacks to exclusive deals - those players are going to have 4-5 maybe even 6 years of autograph cards before they reach the NFL.

Yep, it's definitely a double edged sword.

I picked up a couple of my vaunted $5 mixers (now $6+) from Walgreen's this morning in the spirit of draft week - and was thrilled to pull a 1997 Score Board Bryant Westbrook draft pick card.

He was a cornerback and the Lions' first round pick in 1997 out of Texas, #5 overall.

Ironically, corner is the one position I hope we target on Thursday.

I'm glad I haven't done team breaks in a long time. Bears would have me broke with a QB and WR this year.

On the plus side, should be plenty of opportunities to find some nice cards this year.

Very happy with the Eagles pick

Since Fanatics signing players to keep them out of Panini products (effectively paying them not to sign autographs which is just plain gross) is going to again ruin cards, I'm glad that I already have autos of most of the key first round players - only offensive players I don't already have are Williams (I knew I should have ordered one of the Leaf autos when they were up), Harrison, and Bowers - and can basically ignore 2024 products other than Sage - because prices will be through the roof despite there being no chance at getting hits that might actually pay for a box. But the great new collectors just don't care.

Lol at every great new collector paying huge prices for Fanatics unlicensed NFL draft autos - there's probably still 2022 Sage Jayden Daniels autos sitting in the cheap boxes at some LCS somewhere

Off the top of my head the NIL first round autos I already have are:

Williams (2)
Bowers
Penix
Guyton (2024 SAGE Low)
Nix

The only Terrion Arnold auto I saw on the bay is a BIN for $300 - I love my Lions, but I'll pass.

Thrilled with the draft so far, the Lions desperately needed a corner.

Terrion Arnold is in 2024 Sage High which was just released - the prices should come down soon