`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Off Season and Draft

2024 Off Season and Draft
Lots of interesting things going on with the free agency and the draft coming up - the second year of players having been in the NIL before the draft - and this year having several who have two years of cards prior to the draft - e.g. Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Spencer Rattler, and probably others.  

Of course, Free Agency always shows the value of not trading cards for me - I pulled a Saquon Barkley auto-relic from Select his rookie year - fortunately, I kept it since he's now an Eagle.

The musical chairs of running backs in the NFC North is funny

Looks certain that Washington and New England are taking quarterbacks now - Chicago still has Fields 

Minnesota also seems to be headed towards taking a quarterback 

Lots more to talk about so might as well have a place for it - lots of players in new places, lots of new players to pick up cards of for team collectors, lots of intrigue

RE: 2024 Off Season and Draft
The Lions only seem to want to draft and sign players coming off of season ending injuries - DJ Reader, for example.

And I like Carlton Davis to shore up the secondary.

Gotta get a left guard to replace Jonah Jackson.

Of course, now that he's no longer a Lion, I can almost guarantee his first card will be in a 2024 set, in a Lions uniform.

(Looking at you, 2024 Score.)

The draft will be very odd considering how late we pick this year - have no idea who will even be on the board.

Usually it's a big debate which savior we're going to take with our next top 10 pick, i.e. the Great Sewell vs. Parsons debate of 2021, LOL

One of the downsides of being a good team is that you have much less excitement from the draft.

Isn't the draft in Detroit this year?

Kenny Pickett to the Eagles - yet again the hold onto cards I pull and not trade them when they're hot pays off for me

(03-15-2024, 02:38 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: One of the downsides of being a good team is that you have much less excitement from the draft.

Isn't the draft in Detroit this year?
Facts

If Bengals pickup Bowers in the draft, I’d be extactic
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

Justin Fields traded to Pittsburgh for practically the proverbial bag of deflated footballs - I am guessing Speak isn't happy about that

LOL. I feel like Fields never got a square deal. I hope he does well and learns from Wilson. Good thing I’ve got my Bengals. I strongly feel Williams will be a bust for the Bears, as they need soooo much

I hope Fields does awesome and proves all the haters wrong. It's kinda funny the Steelers now have the two quarterbacks who hold onto the ball the longest in the NFL. Per Next Gen Stats in 2023, Justin Fields held the ball the longest in the NFL at 3.23 seconds. Second place was Russell Wilson at 3.06 seconds.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Williams but I will not be going all in on him card collecting like I did Fields. Fields I have over 300 unique cards (most of them rookie year). Williams I figure I'll have a trim 9, enough to fill a card page.

I'm with you JP. Only thing that worries me, is the Steelers are in the same division as my Bengals. If they become as good as I think they could be, it will be bitter sweet. There are so many variables when it comes to holding onto the ball for so long - like is the O-line providing enough protection? are the receivers getting separation early on to be a target for if the line doesn't hold up? The Bears need everything, and I feel they are putting the losing ways solely on Fields, sucks for him to be the scapegoat.

2024 Bears season - IF they draft Williams. He'll start and get hurt, then it's Bagent Orange for the remainder of the season.