Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a Good Way to Use Old Toploaders

Found a Good Way to Use Old Toploaders
Banger bros!

Maybe you guys have already thought of this. But if not ...

I never quite know what to do with old toploaders that DBay purchases come in, especially the ones that are "wavy" at the top.

I wouldn't want to send a card that I sold or traded in them because, well, they're just old and crappy looking.

But I had an epiphany this morning ...

[Image: redemption.jpg]

Perfect for used/expired redemptions!

Then, when the real deal shows up, it's like owning the pink slip to your card ...

[Image: Garrett.jpg]

(Pulled this out of a Walmart tin back around the beginning of the holidays and got it back last week - pretty darn good turnaround for a Panini redemption!)

Anyway, feel free to use the idea, it is not copyrighted LOL

RE: Found a Good Way to Use Old Toploaders
Nice idea.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

I used to throw them out and always felt bad about it.

Now I'm feelin' great!

Good idea RJ. Hopefully you don't have that many redemptions and/or bad holders.

LOL

I have one last redemption sitting at Panini - a Bennedict Mathurin second year auto out of 2023-24 Hoops, I pulled it at the LCS on release day.

I also have a damage replacement there as well, a nice Mosaic reactive blue prizm RC of Paolo Banchero that I almost didn't send in.

It had a legit dinged corner that I could tell I was never going to be happy with, but before I sent it in, I called the Panini guy and was like, "for the love of all mankind, tell me the truth, will I get this card back or will it be a sparkle pack two years from now?"

He was very confident that they would replace it given that it had decent value and was a good player, but ... crickets since.

Mathurin was signing his stuff for a while according to the Panini weekly updates, but I guess he got busy with the season again.

Who knows. I just hope they square me up before they go under.

Good Lord I hate redemptions.

In fact, don't know if you saw it, but I pulled a numbered Shohei Topps Chrome card out of a retail repack blister on the last day of the MVP Buyback promotion last week.

It was good for $100, so I took it directly to the LCS.

First thing I asked was whether they had any decent Lions RPAs for trade.

The guy pulls out a redemption card for a hypothetically sweet Jahmyr Gibbs jersey auto, and I just said no thanks, I can't handle redemptions.

Had it been a live card, I would have been all over it.

Creative. Interesting. Surprising. Just perfect for a hobby.

I've since put them in a team bag together should the provenance of this card ever come into question ...

Nice looking color match card

"Gem Fire Color Match eBay 1/1"

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good news, my other redemption (Bennedict Mathurin 2023-24 Hoops auto) is allegedly on its way!

Now if I can just get them to ship the one damage replacement I sent them ...