`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 topps base opinion

RE: 2024 topps base opinion
If I wait 12 months I can get the same product for 1/3 of the price from D&A or BO. Unless...some RC becomes the next Julio Rodriguez, I suppose.

I do the same thing. I bought 4 jumbo boxes from 2022 series 1 and 2 and 2023 series 1 and 2 and probably paid half for what they were going for in those years. I guess you just have to wait a year or two for the hype to fade away.....
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

Hit a Walmart restock today grabbed 3 hangers and 4 fat packs. Hit a J.T. Realmuto Kevin Hart /52 and a Bobby Witt Jr HFA and best Yellow was an Anthony Volpe Future Stars.

Almost missed the Realmuto and only reason I didn't is because I was flipping through the back of the base cards looking for the 1/1 First Card errors that didn't get stamped on the front. I can only imagine how many of the Kevin Hart cards have been tossed because people don't take the time to take a good long look at base cards. I hope Fanatics does more of these HTF Easter Egg type cards in the future. Would be even better if they didn't number them so they aren't so easily noticed.

(02-22-2024, 05:09 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: If I wait 12 months I can get the same product for 1/3 of the price from D&A or BO.  Unless...some RC becomes the next Julio Rodriguez, I suppose.
And even then ... is it actually a rookie card?

(Ducks, I'll show myself out)

(03-18-2024, 02:45 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: And even then ... is it actually a rookie card?

(Ducks, I'll show myself out)
To me it doesn't matter.  RCs don't impress me.  Especially recent years.

Bring back interesting inserts!!

Has anyone noticed the back of a card that has different color from each other, same card? For example, I have #66 Westburg and one card has a Red batting record and the duplicate card has an Orange batting record. Is this any type of a variation?

(03-19-2024, 05:53 PM)jdburgs Wrote: Has anyone noticed the back of a card that has different color from each other, same card? For example, I have #66 Westburg and one card has a Red batting record and the duplicate card has an Orange batting record. Is this any type of a variation?
I would guess ink error/variation

There have been sets in the past with lighter or darker variations in the ink. I think it's a pretty standard issue when you are printing over 1 million + cards of each player. Sometimes they miss a step or maybe the ink supply is running low etc...