`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 topps base opinion

2024 topps base opinion
Just wanted to get people's opinions on the 2024 topps base cards.  Some people have mentioned the fact that the black border around the sides and top might lead to chipping or lower grading.  Similar to the 1986 topps base cards. Release date is set for February 14th I think.
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

RE: 2024 topps base opinion
I like the look of the base cards. A nice break from the white border standard. I don't know about chipping but would think the newer card stock would be less likely to chip than it did back in 1986. Too many parallel versions for my liking but I will still chase them for the players that I collect.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Personally, I think the Topps flagship set looks best with a white border - or at least a solid color à la 1997-2003. (I was happy to see it back the past few years; I think last year's design is one of the sharpest modern Topps Sets.) The parallels end up looking a little off with a gradient border (see: 2015, and there were limited ones back then compared to now). I think this design would have been better off as an insert or as the basis for Cosmic Chrome.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

I will set a personal record for least amount of Topps flagship purchased this year.

Most likely zero.

The design looks like a strip club barfed all over it, the borders and corners will chip like crap and I am vehemently opposed to the "RC logo" crap - especially since Panini started putting rookie logos on players who were actually rookies last year like Elly de la Cruz in its 2023 Chronicles sets.

Now you'll have two different years from two different companies each claiming rookie cards of the same player.

I'm holding out final judgement until I see them in my hands, but I'll give them a shot and appreciate that they're breaking the mold a little and trying something different. Bonus points if they actually pull it off with minimal chipping/QC issues.
Kepler

Super ugly imo

Don't like them at all
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(01-31-2024, 12:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I will set a personal record for least amount of Topps flagship purchased this year.

Most likely zero.

The design looks like a strip club barfed all over it, the borders and corners will chip like crap and I am vehemently opposed to the "RC logo" crap - especially since Panini started putting rookie logos on players who were actually rookies last year like Elly de la Cruz in its 2023 Chronicles sets.

Now you'll have two different years from two different companies each claiming rookie cards of the same player.
Upper Deck needs to be making licensed baseball cards again. 

That would refresh the hobby!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(02-01-2024, 01:30 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: Upper Deck needs to be making licensed baseball cards again. 

That would refresh the hobby!
I agree. Love the glossy cards.

(02-03-2024, 08:31 AM)Simpleton Wrote: I agree. Love the glossy cards.
My family was in Canada last weekend and picked me up 20 packs of Tim Horton's hockey cards.

They are better looking than any Topps product of the past 20 years!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Don't hate it but also not a fan of the 2 tone border colors. Base will be completely worthless even more so than previous years due to print run.

Chrome will be ok for singles but sealed prices are going to be astronomically stupid.