`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How About Some New Box Breaks

RE: How About Some New Box Breaks
I busted three Sports King blasters randomly a couple of years ago and got mem cards from Greg Maddux, Andruw Jones and Chris Webber.

Oddly, only the Maddux had a picture of the player himself, the other two were just weird mockups of pretend jerseys.

(04-22-2024, 10:53 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I busted three Sports King blasters randomly a couple of years ago and got mem cards from Greg Maddux, Andruw Jones and Chris Webber.

Oddly, only the Maddux had a picture of the player himself, the other two were just weird mockups of pretend jerseys.
I got a Mario Andretti one which if I remember correctly showed a picture of a race cars with the sponsor logos removed

Sports Kings like all Sage products reaches deals with individual players so they can only depict players they have deals with - so if you get someone who they got to sign they also will have pictures - however, they have jerseys from players they don't have deals with they put in the retail version

Yah, figured it was something like that.

Welp, my two megas of Prizm basketball arrived yesterday.

No Wemby cards - but wasn't expecting any.

I'm moving on from this product, if they ever have discounted packs of it three years from now at Walgreen's maybe I'll try again.

I've got three blasters of Select coming next week, we'll see how that goes.

I got a really cool vintage card for less than most NBA blasters now - a Julius Erving ABA card showing when he was still with the Virginia Squires and mentioning that he had just been traded to the Nets.

As I note, Julius Erving is the C.O.A.T. - Coolest of All Time and he was never cooler than when he had the afro and was playing with the red, white, and blue basketball.

Also at the same store got a Dave Cowens Prizm auto at under $10 - HOF auto from a good set for under $10 - definitely going to be getting that.

Much better deal than the box breaks.

Very nice!

I got some other ABA cards (an antique store find) some years ago, but they were all commons and not the biggest star from the ABA.