`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How About Some New Box Breaks

How About Some New Box Breaks
Other than the ones from two years ago that keep getting bumped up for no reason ...

Anyone? Anyone?

RE: How About Some New Box Breaks
Anyone run into Revolution retail yet?

Either our distributors are a week behind the rest of the country or the sharks have had a frenzy lately.

I've not seen any Revolution Retail.

I've seen Flux, NBA Prizm, WNBA Prizm, Contenders Draft Picks, and maybe a couple of others, but not Revolution

I allegedly have two mega boxes of Prizm coming on Monday from Walmart online ... one last shot at Wemby and then I am moving on.

Also have two blasters of Zenith football coming a couple days later, they have been pretty good from what I've seen.

I've seen Prizm Monopoly out in the field as well - apparently the DBN is cooling some on buying basketball because there is a lot more basketball out there - and college football products (NFL football is still being taken quickly even though with very rare exceptions, retail NFL products are probably the absolute worst value of anything)

Just went by Target at lunch time and Mosiac NBA is also available in this area - blasters and megas - didn't get any cards, went to Target to get a couple of things that we needed that we buy from Target

2023-24 Mosaic?

Or 2022-23?

(Big difference, LOL)

Went Revolution hunting this morning with no luck.

I tried two Zenith football blasters (not the ones I have coming in the mail) and did not get "two hits in every blaster!" as all the New Covid Collectors have been posting.

Got jersey cards of AJ Brown and Tyjae Spears - not bad, not spectacular.

The AJ swatch is white and the Spears patch is blue.

I did get a nice red prizm parallel of a Gibbs/Goff "Thunder and Lightning" insert, a Gibbs acetate insert and a Goff green base parallel for my Lions PC, but not much else.

I also grabbed "ah" Illusions blaster and pulled a Stroud RC, so that was good.

(Very nice copy, too ... almost no chipping on the all-blue back of the card, very rare for Panini.)

As for basketball, I tried one more Winter Hoops blaster - no Wemby, but I did get a Rookie Sweaters patch of Brandin Miller.

I know they're goofy but I do like them, they are nice cards.

I guess if I couldn't pull any Wemby cards, this would be the next best consolation prize.

I don't know what year they are - I don't like Mosaic as a product enough to give further notice

I would assume it was last year's - plenty of that stuff laying around, and I haven't seen any new CCC (Covid Collector Clown) posts about it yet.

Once one of them posts about it, the rest of the foot soldiers clear it all out.

(Best was the Bedard chase in hockey ... CCCs were actually asking "who am I chasing" or "which series is he in" while posting photos of restocked card sections at Walmart)

Good Lord I can't stand them.

Went to a different Target to get some stuff - was 2022-2023.

The new arrival was Sportskings which is done by the same people who do Sage - new format, you get a complete set of base cards, two color parallel, five minis, and 1 hit for $19.99. I went ahead and got a box since you got a complete base set and the 5 minis and a hit - hit was a Game Used of Larry Walker. Game used HoF relic from a blaster isn't bad and I like how they guarantee a complete base set from every blaster (although it obviously lowers the appeals of getting more than one).

The LCS has Sportskings Hobby - two autos plus a bonus (which will likely be a 1 of 1) - I think you also get a memorabilia per box but it's $200 which is a bit too much risk for me even though I like the cards and the relics are always game used