IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Playoffs

RE: NFL Playoffs
(01-22-2024, 01:57 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Detroit upsets San Francisco 
I hope you are wrong!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

OK, it has already been decided who will be in the Super Bowl, now to pick the winner.
For me, I would like to see Kansas City and Detroit in the game, But it will be Baltimore and the S.F.49ers.
Baltimore will win it all.
I collect football, starting with 2023 Donruss - Prestige - Chronicles - Contenders - 2022 Score.

(01-25-2024, 12:00 PM)captaindawg Wrote: OK, it has already been decided who will be in the Super Bowl, now to pick the winner.
For me, I would like to see Kansas City and Detroit in the game, But it will be Baltimore and the S.F.49ers.
Baltimore will win it all.
You still have time to change your mind...oh, wait...never mind.  LOL

I believe karma caused Flower's fumble after acting like a jerk.  Other than that, I am surprised KC won.

I have alot of stupid-stitions. As I watch the1st half of the Lions/49ers and watch the Lion own the 49ers. I purposely AVOID the 2nd half and restarted watch when it was 27-24...in that time the bad mojo had reversed and I was able to watch the rest of the game. I'm positive if I watched the 3rd quarter, the 49ers would not have made up so much ground!

Hope the 49ers play a better all around game in the Super Bowl.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Super Bowl matchup set - and the conspiracy theorists are out in force (apparently some people actually believe that they fixed the Baltimore-Kansas City game so that they have Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl - apparently the Super Bowl isn't popular enough on it own!)

Here is why Kansas City is going to win

1) Quarterback - Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback in the league. He might well be the best quarterback to ever play the game (at least in in the best 6 year stretch of quarterback play ever.

2) Defense - Kansas City's defense has been on fire lately - and this will be the key - teams whose defensive backs catch Brock Purdy's expected interceptions win (this dates back to Iowa State as well) and while Purdy has gotten better about not trying to force the ball into the hands of Xavier Hutchison or Charlie Kohler (I mean, Deebo Samuel and George Kittle) he still throws a bunch of expected interceptions - Kansas City has a better secondary

3) Kicker - if it comes down to kicking, Harrison Butner is the better kicker

4) Defending Super Bowl Champ is the underdog again and coming in with an underdog mentality

5) Coaching - barring major injuries, Andy Reid has always been very strong with an extra week of planning.

(01-28-2024, 11:19 PM)jaderock Wrote: I have alot of stupid-stitions. As I watch the1st half of the Lions/49ers and watch the Lion own the 49ers. I purposely AVOID the 2nd half and restarted watch when it was 27-24...in that time the bad mojo had reversed and I was able to watch the rest of the game. I'm positive if I watched the 3rd quarter, the 49ers would not have made up so much ground!

Hope the 49ers play a better all around game in the Super Bowl.
Just a question to ponder...

Did the NFL freak out about an all mid-west Super Bowl and ask Detroit during halftime to throw the game?  I am not talking about conspiracies.  I am talking about a business that wants the best results to make money.

Just pondering why Detroit fell apart and twice failed on 4th down vs kicking field goals.

Looks like my analysis was pretty spot on

In the end, it did come down to quarterback and coaching - Mahomes made the plays he needed to at the end (that was a brilliant play call by Andy Reid for the winning touchdown) and Shanahan again outsmarted himself in a Super Bowl.

Kansas City looked like a wreck often in the season and still came out on top - when you have Patrick Mahomes you can get away with that. The defense put it together at the right time with timely stops to give the offense a chance to win.

6 years as starter, 6 AFC Championship Games, 4 Super Bowl appearances (4 in 5 years), 3 Super Bowl wins, 3 Super Bowl MVPs, 2 NFL MVP awards, 2 straight Super Bowl Wins/Super Bowl MVP awards is simply remarkable performance.

Purdy did great - although the performance went downhill after Kansas City made the defensive adjustments and Shanahan predictably didn't adjust.

Good Lord we need new blood on the NFC side after watching Kyle bumble his way to another loss.

I have just the team in mind ...

It's great to see the Conference Playoffs underway! With such tight matchups, it's anyone's game. The performances of teams like the Texans and Chiefs are catching the eye. I'm intrigued to see how the Lions and Buccaneers fare. Moreover, I am reading some insights on SportScore, and they say the same things you do. So it's going to be an exciting season.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Chiefs will beat the 49er's in the Super Bowl.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears