`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Playoffs

RE: NFL Playoffs
Houston definitely has to be happy - Stroud is the real deal.

And while I called a Green Bay win, I didn't expect Green Bay would embarrass Dallas

Also Detroit is getting justice with a second home playoff game

Just glad they outlasted Stafford, Puka and Kupp ... I knew those guys would light it up.

Just happy for rj that the Lions hung on for the win. Going back to when they won the 1st game I jokingly crapped on them.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Despite my pick (that didn't actually reflect my real belief), the Eagles predictably ended the season on a complete thud. Injuries, fatigue, decline of aging players, and young players failing to develop combined with bad coaching. The worst thing that team did was started 10-1 and beating Buffalo and Kansas City on consecutive weeks - after that, they just played like they had to show up.

But now, I'm cheering for a Detroit versus Buffalo Super Bowl - although maybe it would be unfair to make one of those fan bases lose the Super Bowl. Although to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be upset with any of the remaining teams winning. Given that Jared Goff owns San Francisco, Detroit seems likely - Buffalo has a tougher road

Picks for Round 2:

Detroit over Tampa (Detroit is simply a better team and unlike Philadelphia actually runs the ball rather than depending upon an injured quarterback without his top receiver which is to say Detroit actually has a real coaching staff and not the incompetents who are coaching the Eagles)

San Francisco over Green Bay (San Francisco in the playoffs has been a house of horrors for the Packers)

Baltimore over Houston (Stroud is great, but Houston is a year away from being a real contender)

Kansas City over Buffalo with something wild happening (I want Buffalo to win, but I can't pick all four home teams winning and Kansas City and Buffalo always have wild match ups and it's hard to win two wild games agains the same opponent)

Baker and Mike Evans make me nervous.

Admittedly, it wasn't very difficult, but my predictions were 100% for this round - including that something wild happened in Buffalo

This week's predictions

Detroit upsets San Francisco - yes, I'm picking the Lions getting the upset - but for Iowa State fans, this is a win-win - either David Montgomery or Brock Purdy is going to the Super Bowl - I think it's going to be Montgomery. Jared Goff has historically done well against San Francisco and getting robbed in Dallas might well be the best thing that happened to Detroit.

Baltimore over Kansas City - that Kansas City is even in this position should remove all doubt that Patrick Mahomes is an all time great - but against better teams, Kansas City has struggled because even an all time great quarterback needs some support.

I'm guessing Chiefs vs anybody because the NFL can use T-Swift to sell Super Bowl merchandise.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

How many more years until Swift becomes the Super Bowl halftime show?
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

It's the Super Bowl and it's guaranteed to have America's darlings the Detroit Lions or Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy - they really don't need Taylor Swift to get people to watch