`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LOLeaf

RE: LOLeaf
LOL, Leaf this week in their Pop Century Metal Continuum has Mike Love who no only has autograph cards in multiple products (including an officially licensed Panini set specifically dedicated to the Beach Boys) also manages to be one of the most universally despised people in existence.

Really hard to imagine who's paying $100 for those packs.

Leaf gonna Leaf

Leaf has Football Preproduction Proof Boxes up - 5 Slabbed unsigned proofs plus 1 signed proof - $99.

Seems a bit high since they had signed 1 of 1 proofs for $29.99 earlier - but it is $12 for the unsigned ones

Leaf also has a couple of NIL women's basketball cards - not being familiar with the players, I looked them up - one is a decent player from UCLA who is out with the season with her second ACL injury (suffered while playing for the German National Team) and the other is someone who barely played at all at Cal (averaged 2.7 points a game, LOL!) but has a ton of followers on Social Media and thus has an NIL deal because she's an online Influencer

Both appear to be conventionally attractive blondes which is much more valuable at getting an athlete a NIL deal than being a star player in women's sports because that's the world we live in.

(03-18-2024, 03:10 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: LOL, Leaf this week in their Pop Century Metal Continuum has Mike Love who no only has autograph cards in multiple products (including an officially licensed Panini set specifically dedicated to the Beach Boys) also manages to be one of the most universally despised people in existence. 

Really hard to imagine who's paying $100 for those packs.
It's really impossible to overstate just how much of a specular fail those Leaf packs have been

Leaf is now releasing an autograph card of someone described as a viral sensation Alabama Superfan - we might well be reaching the end times

The Leaf Holliday Packs are down to $9.99 - autograph, memorabilia, pre-production proof, or printing plate per pack

Good Lord.

Whoooooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

Again, memo to Leaf - just because you "can" - doesn't mean you "should"

Oh well, I applaud them for trying to find an "in" in the hobby.

I don't bother with the oddball leaf products. But I do like the football products.

For my Aggie PC, I have picked up these from Ebay/COMC:
Isaiah Spiller (2021-23): 157 different autos
Jalen Wydermyer (2021-22) 150 different autos
DeMarvin Leal (2019-2022) 35 different autos
Ainias Smith (2022-23) 24 different autos

Have about a dozen others (like Vivid, really nice cards) that Beckett hasn't bothered listing.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

I want to like Leaf since they put out some nice cards and have allowed me to get several HoF auto cards for really good prices and their boxes offer relatively good value if you want to open something - but sometimes they make it very hard

Got four more of the Leaf Holiday packs (after they dropped to $10 a piece) - good news is that they were all football - bad is three pre-production proofs (the least desirable thing to get out of those packs) and the highlight one very nice printing plate (indigo or black so it's essentially the full image) - the plate is Trayveon Henderson running back from Ohio State - I can't remember if he's the Ohio State running back who is headed to the NFL draft or the Ohio State running back who transferred to Kentucky (I already had autograph cards of both of them, LOL!)

Still hard to complain too much about getting 1 of 1 cards for $10.

Leaf finally has a Pop Century Metal Continuum pack that quickly sold out - Week 9 had Clint Eastwood autographs and apparently there are enough people who are willing to pay $500 for a Clint Eastwood autograph and get Carmen Electra, Michael O'Keefe, Burton Gilliam, and Richie Ramone autos for free