`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm Calling it Now, Fanatics Will Make Us Miss Panini

RE: I'm Calling it Now, Fanatics Will Make Us Miss Panini
(03-23-2024, 11:49 AM)footbal Wrote: What you heard is actually something I've been hearing a lot lately. I have a buddy who just got a 6 day turnaround for a replacement for just being off center. Apparently they've been focusing on customer service and redemptions/replacements to get rid of the back log. People actually answer the phone now when you call too. They're giving out sparkle packs if they don't have the redemptions. Seems like they're actually making things a lot better. I'm sending in soon for the same thing-a dimple on an otherwise perfect card. I'll post how it goes.
So here's my problem with that - you do you, of course, and best of luck getting your card back in short order.

Back in December I pulled an absolutely beautiful Reactive Blue Prizm RC of Paolo Banchero out of a mega box of Mosaic.

If you've busted any of those you know how hard it is to pull the really good players, especially the parallels.

I was thrilled with the card until I noticed it had a legit corner ding, like, smashed and deformed.

I didn't notice it at first because of all the color and reflective properties on the card, but was really bummed when I saw it.

My expectations for Panini have become so low that I let most things go nowadays, but this corner was so bad I couldn't justify keeping it, especially out of a $50+ retail box.

Even still, I called Panini and asked the rep to be 100% straight with me - if I sent it in, would I actually get a replacement? Because if not I wasn't going to bother.

(I gave him an "out," basically, which you never do in negotiations.)

But he actually said yes, please do send it in, that's a nice card of a nice player and they would eventually replace it. He gave me the usual runaround of they were just getting through the 2021 requests and would be moving on to the 2022s shortly.

But ... that was in early December.

It's now the end of March, so we're basically talking four months.

There's a big difference between waiting six days for a card that is off center - which, let's be honest, really isn't "damaged" - versus waiting four months with no end in sight for a card with a legit smashed corner.

But, the good news is, you've motviated me to call them and give them hell this morning!

Hopefully, they'll get their act together, but it's not looking too promising, especially with them snatching up Panini's employees.

To be fair, which I honestly always try to be, I've gotten my last two redemptions in about four months each - not bad.

Plus, they've always been good about shipping out Rewards cards relatively quickly, 1-2 weeks, which they should because of the cost.

Damage replacements, however, have been disappointing - sparkle packs instead of what I sent in.

I got lucky on a couple of them and got more valuable cards than what I sent it, but I'd rather have a lower end auto that I pulled myself than some random sparkle parallel of most cards.

But, hey, they seem to be trying harder, maybe it's a blaze of glory type thing.

See thread title

https://www.beckett.com/news/inaugural-f...in-august/

I told you so.

Remember when I posted a joke post about the DBN Annual Conference?

Can't even comprehend the number of times the word "Bro" will be said.

(04-12-2024, 03:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Can't even comprehend the number of times the word "Bro" will be said.
Bro!!!

Or ... "let's effing go" on a live break as they struggle to cut the shrink wrap with a razor blade due to their gloved hands.

Another title for this convention could be "Beta Male World"

Another year, another year where Fanatics monopolistic tendencies assures no fully licensed NFL autograph cards of several top players.

Why there are so many collectors who tolerate this, I don't understand - Topps stuff is every bit as "unlicensed" as Leaf, Sage, and Onyx yet people pay more for it - even when they are worst looking cards. As far as college logos, who cares about that? Yes, the college logos and actual photos are nice and the cards look better, but all the college logos mean is that the very people who have been exploiting players illegally as it turns out for decades get paid licensing fees. The colleges are the least deserving people in the entire sports industry to be paid - I now prefer Leaf, Sage, and Onyx on general principle - they pay the players for their images and autographs and those are the only people who really even deserve to get paid.

Of course, if Fanatics actually released their exclusive players autograph cards in a meaningful way, it wouldn't be so annoying - a company paying players effectively to not sign autographs is obnoxious (obviously, I don't blame the players for this - they got to get the money while they can and being paid to not sign autographs is about the best job possible) - and shame on any "collector" who supports them in that.