`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Maildays Redux

RE: 2023 Maildays Redux
(08-24-2023, 05:35 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I so wish the Eagles would have taken him - living in Virginia, we get all of Washington's games broadcast here so I end up seeing a bunch of The Washington Football Team and he's definitely extremely good - probably Washington's best player
Facts

Nice mailday - Panini finally came through with my Fields and a Contenders Optic RC of Burrow from DC Sports for less than $40.

Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

Nice Mailday Bangers

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That Fields card is nice - Illusions is a nice set (honestly outside of retro sets Panini makes nicer cards than Topps)

(08-25-2023, 02:20 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: That Fields card is nice - Illusions is a nice set (honestly outside of retro sets Panini makes nicer cards than Topps)
+1 on Illusions, it's one of the nicer retail offerings these days.

Some new non-Finest cards:

2014 Topps Museum Collection Pro Bowl Quad Relics Alshon Jeffery 30/50
2022 Panini Phoenix Color Burst Justin Fields

I love those color bursts, I'm up to three and I don't think I can stop!

Interesting note on Phoenix cards … they never say “Prizm” on the back of any of the parallels like all of the other Panini cards do … I wonder why that is?

(09-10-2023, 01:24 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Interesting note on Phoenix cards … they never say “Prizm” on the back of any of the parallels like all of the other Panini cards do … I wonder why that is?
Because standards and continuity ain't their thing.  I'll bet they forgot one and year, shrugged, and figured "welp, it's been established..."

(09-10-2023, 01:06 PM)jplarson Wrote: Because standards and continuity ain't their thing.  I'll bet they forgot one and year, shrugged, and figured "welp, it's been established..."
Are you possibly insinuating that ... wait for it ... Panini Gonna Panini???

(09-11-2023, 04:56 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Are you possibly insinuating that ... wait for it ... Panini Gonna Panini???
Panini went FULL Panini....

You never go Full Panini.

Small mailday but a welcome one!  2022 Phoenix White Shimmer Justin Fields.  Only available in those fancy pants white shimmer rewards packs.  It's very cool!  But I wish the shimmer effect was "behind" the player.  It basically looks like a full overlay.  It would have popped more if it was all behind the player.