`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am nearly done trading

I am nearly done trading
A new (and only) sports card shop opened in Rochester, MN recently, so I took all my higher end cards available for trade to see if they wanted to buy some.

They bought all of them!  Now I only have $2-$5 cards remaining to trade, which is more trouble than it is worth most of the time.

RE: I am nearly done trading
Agree..good move..hope it is a new start to a new collection..
If I had to do it over again..I would have limited the sets I opened..I have 200000 + cards and it is hard to dump those $2-4 cards for nothing..

Congrats on the sales, sir!

(11-07-2022, 02:15 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Congrats on the sales, sir!
Thanks, RJ.  I went in expecting to be disappointed but both sides were satisfied with the deal.

(11-05-2022, 04:29 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Agree..good move..hope it is a new start to a new collection..
If I had to do it over again..I would have limited the sets I opened..I have 200000 + cards and it is hard to dump those $2-4 cards for nothing..
Agree but I just pulled to trigger on a large basketball card sale.  Hard to let go but would take forever to sell off in groups and the time listing and packing.

(11-07-2022, 05:30 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks, RJ.  I went in expecting to be disappointed but both sides were satisfied with the deal.
I, too, am contemplating trying to cash out the collection.

I still love cards and always will, but the D-Baggery on the part of both the card companies and the D-Bag Network has made the hobby pretty unenjoyable for me overall the last couple of years.

The DBN factor has dissipated for the most part because I can now find retail products by and large - though nowadays it's "grab it when you see it, because it won't be there tomorrow."

I can live with that for sure, but this latest thing with Topps Update Baseball has me pretty discouraged ... I busted a total of seven blasters (from the same store and same allotment) and two hangers (different store) and pulled a grand total of one Julio Rodriguez rookie logo card and one Rodriguez MLB debut card.

This despite pulling up to four similar "base cards" of other players ... so Topps has obviously short printed these without calling them SPs, and to make it worse, both cards were damaged.

(And I mean, legit damaged - I only send them in to get replaced if I really, really don't want them to keep them.)

It would be one thing if they got the damaged cards back to you in a timely manner and heaven forbid threw in a free pack or two for the time and trouble, but in reality you wait several months and have to follow up several times to get your cards back.

(It's almost like ... wait for it ... they don't want to bother with it because they already have your money ...)

Even better, RJ, Panini let me know that rather than process my two redemption they are honoring me with...wait for it...points.

(11-08-2022, 01:17 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Even better, RJ, Panini let me know that rather than process my two redemption they are honoring me with...wait for it...points.
Maybe now they can move on soon from their points fest and pay attention to my damaged cards they've had since February.