`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Green Arrows Shortage

RE: Green Arrows Shortage
(11-07-2022, 05:58 PM)Simpleton Wrote: Wow, did you guys check out Sandy Alcantara's Rookie Chrome card. Was $67.00, not any more lol

2018 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs #RASA Sandy Alcantara
A pricing error. Take off a zero, and add a red down arrow (to match the one on the Beckett Low).

noted
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Bummer lol.

(11-07-2022, 05:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Back in 2020 when Jason Dominguez was the topic on team breaks I watched box after box come up empty on his auto while dupes of other guys were in every few boxes.

I wasn't pursuing JD...just noticing while hoping for my selections.

So, yeah, even though nothing was said about short prints, the manufacturers still know how to keep people buying more to try and land one.
I mean, I get that not every box is going to have a Mike Trout auto or whatever.

Far from it.

But when we're talking base cards and they're not listed as "short prints," it is awfully fishy to me when they're so much harder to pull than other base cards.

Also very annoying was that once I went back through all the Update cards that I just busted, both Rodriguez cards had significant dings in the upper right corners.

I have now spent more money on shipping (on top of the jacked-up prices paid for the blasters) and will have to wait several months to get them back from Topps.

In fact, the last time I sent damaged cards to Topps for replacements, the ones they sent back were worse than the ones I sent in ... but I absolutely do not want these Rodriguez cards in the shape they're in, so hopefully I'll get lucky and they'll send me nice copies.

Ahhhh, the good old days, when card companies weren't pulling shady shenanigans all the time and actually cared about customer service.

(And not putting so many freaking damaged cards in packs in the first place ... quality control, it's a thing!)