`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? ... Just ... Why? 2021 Prizm Break - Thrilled!

Why? ... Just ... Why? 2021 Prizm Break - Thrilled!
Friends,

I hope you all had a good holiday weekend.

Over said weekend at Target I saw exactly one lonely hanger pack of 2021 Prizm Football ... first Prizm Football of any kind that I've seen in the wild in 3 years.

At $20 for a whopping 10 cards I was highly skeptical, but seeing as how it was the last one on the shelf, you know the rule ...

[Image: Trey-Prizm-Crop-Small.jpg]

Retail exclusive green prizm Trey Lance RC!

Time will tell if he pans out, but this is a huge pull out here in the Bay Area, especially for one pack of 10 cards.

(Can't even fathom the odds of pulling this ...)

I know that not everybody sticks to the last blaster/hanger/jumbo rule, but given how the sharks in our area still gobble up anything that says "Prizm" on it, why would someone possibly leave one behind?

Not complaining though, I'm happy to swoop in and take it!

RE: Why? ... Just ... Why? 2021 Prizm Break - Thrilled!
$20 for 10 cards? Yikes!

But at least it worked out

(07-05-2022, 09:45 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: $20 for 10 cards?  Yikes!

But at least it worked out
Yeah, I didn't see the "10 cards" thing until I took the cellophane off, LOL

But seeing as how it was the last one I had to go for it ... first Prizm Football I've seen since the Kyler Murray class of 2019.

(Or I as like to think of it, the TJ Hockenson class of 2019)

(07-05-2022, 10:11 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I didn't see the "10 cards" thing until I took the cellophane off, LOL

But seeing as how it was the last one I had to go for it ... first Prizm Football I've seen since the Kyler Murray class of 2019.

(Or I as like to think of it, the TJ Hockenson class of 2019)
That is kind of like me with the Rookies and Stars hanger boxes - I was so excited to find retail football I didn't notice that they had zero chance at an autograph or a numbered card (which is outrageous at $20) until after I bought them.  

The Retail Sharks are starting to cool at football - Bowman U Football is available in such large quantities in every retail store here that I expect it will eventually be marked down to $15 - maybe then I will try another one.  The Leaf Draft is also all over the place - I'm hoping it drops below $20 - I'm willing to take a chance to get a decent autograph at under $20.

nice pull on the Lance.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(07-05-2022, 10:33 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: That is kind of like me with the Rookies and Stars hanger boxes - I was so excited to find retail football I didn't notice that they had zero chance at an autograph or a numbered card (which is outrageous at $20) until after I bought them.  

The Retail Sharks are starting to cool at football - Bowman U Football is available in such large quantities in every retail store here that I expect it will eventually be marked down to $15 - maybe then I will try another one.  The Leaf Draft is also all over the place - I'm hoping it drops below $20 - I'm willing to take a chance to get a decent autograph at under $20.
The funny thing is, just before the holiday last week I said I wouldn't be buying any more 2021 products unless it was a "last blaster/pack" type thing ... called that one I guess, LOL

But yeah, Panini is delivering less and less content for the price ... $2 a card?

The rest of the pack was pretty lame, I would have been upset if the Lance wasn't in there.

(07-05-2022, 10:33 AM)Speak917 Wrote: nice pull on the Lance.
Thanks, I was pretty pleased ... in 2019 I busted a fair amount of retail Prizm and didn't pull any of the best RCs (other than mem cards), so to pull this in one pack was definitely a shocker.

(Didn't find any 2020 Prizm whatsoever ... not one single pack.)

Plus, as primarily a retail guy, I am a sucker for the "retail exclusives" like the green prizm, so I was really happy with it.

Now all he has to do is be great, LOL

(The Niners are my local market team and I'm a Jimmy G guy for the most part, but lots of folks are excited about Lance, so we'll see. I have a vested interest now, LOL)

In the past, you'd only get a $2 a card product if it was a hobby product with guaranteed hits and numbered

Take for example, Chronicles Draft Picks - that was most likely supposed to be released at around $100, but Hobby Sharks R Us sent it out at $140 - it has 48 cards in a hobby box, but you get three autographs, 1 memorabilia, and at least 4 numbered parallels plus a Silver parallel of some sort - had it been out at the proper $100, that would be approximately $2 a card. As it is it is $3 a card - and as noted, it has three autograph cards, 1 memorabilia, and generally at least 4 numbered parallels per hobby box

Maybe Panini will finally release a checklist for Chronicles Draft Picks before the retail version comes out

Hey congrats on hitting a Lance! Whether he pans out or not, that card will be sitting in a nice holder for the foreseeable future. Might be a sweet PC card or a valuable trading chip.

(07-05-2022, 01:25 PM)jplarson Wrote: Hey congrats on hitting a Lance!  Whether he pans out or not, that card will be sitting in a nice holder for the foreseeable future.  Might be a sweet PC card or a valuable trading chip.
Thank you!

Kind of feeling good about being back in the Prizm "game" ... was highly irritated I missed out on the Burrow/Herbert bonanza of the 2020 product.