`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your hobby goals for 2022?

What are your hobby goals for 2022?
For me, same as always - get more Mark Brunel cards.

But if I had to list them, it would be:

1. Try and find those darn "never seen them" cards from 1993-2001. The list is probably about 20 cards, but I have NEVER seen them and some are close to 30 years old now. 

For example, 1993 Action Packed Rookie Card Mint (24kt Gold) Parallel Mark Brunel #/500. In the 23+ years since I started looking for them I have seen Troy Aikman (multiples listed regularly) and 1 Steve Young (in Beckett member: mbostick's collection.) Nothing from this set been ever graded the last time I checked. So I don't know what the heck is up with this one.

2001 Fleer Autographics Autograph Mark Brunell - never seen one!?!? 

2. List 10,000+ items on ebay for sale. Currently at 4,121 - took over TWO month to list 121 cards!

That's it for me, what about you?
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

RE: What are your hobby goals for 2022?
Hoping to pull some good cards on the Super Bowl. I've been hoarding most of the sealed stuff I've bought since SB55 to open on SB56. Not going to do it to this scale again, because I want to open stuff, but I want to pull some good stuff on Super Bowl 56.

Want to complete Panthers parallel sets from 2015 Topps and 2017 Classics.

Want to add more 2015 Score Panthers cards, and maybe get every parallel of every insert.

Add to my Tre Jones and Daniel Jones collections

Have fun with it and don't go broke.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

Mine will be finding a picture of Matt Barkley on the Falcons for RJ Smile

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/the-...ff-waivers

(01-01-2022, 03:51 PM)jplarson Wrote: Mine will be finding a picture of Matt Barkley on the Falcons for RJ Smile

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/the-...ff-waivers
I didn’t even know that … I don’t even have a Panthers card … I am two teams behind now!!!

(01-01-2022, 10:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I didn’t even know that … I don’t even have a Panthers card … I am two teams behind now!!!
Not to worry, I've finished the Panthers version Wink.  He's #12 on the Falcons, hoping to get any shot of him.  There's a single photoshopped image of him on the Falcons but it's the wrong number and not a great background for a 1986 themed card but I'll get you squared away.

(01-02-2022, 04:54 PM)jplarson Wrote: Not to worry, I've finished the Panthers version Wink.  He's #12 on the Falcons, hoping to get any shot of him.  There's a single photoshopped image of him on the Falcons but it's the wrong number and not a great background for a 1986 themed card but I'll get you squared away.
LOL, thank you my good man, I appreciate it!

I came across a 2005 Mark Brunel Upper Deck the other day. It's in decent condition being that it was stored in a shoebox since at least 2005/2006. In that lot, I also found a Phillip Rivers (2nd year) and Drew Brees (Chargers), tons of 1990 Pro-Set and Topps football.

I did have a few Action Packed basketball cards, not football.

My hobby goal is to get a Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow auto.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

If they Jags don't upgrade the OL, you'll be able to obtain a Lawrence auto in some Jax hospital in the next 8-12 months.

Buy nothing!

Okay, buy nothing but individual cards I like

(01-03-2022, 04:41 PM)Speak917 Wrote: My hobby goal is to get a Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow auto.
Now doesn't seem like a good time to be buying Burrow - with the Bengals in the playoffs and Burrow having no doubt just won a bunch of people fantasy titles, his autos should be easy to find now, but they are going to be super high since you'll be paying a flipper price.  But if you wait to the off season, things should cool off some.

My disclaimer is that I do own a Burrow Auto in my p.c. - even if it wasn't p.c., I wouldn't be selling because Burrow should be a star for years to come - and with Higgins, Burrow, and Chase on rookie contracts, they are a legitimate Super Bowl contender the next couple of years and Burrow could easily become an NFL MVP in that time period.  Heisman and National Title winners also have a good following, so Burrow has a decent floor even if he is merely just a good NFL quarterback (which he already clearly is).  Unfortunately, that means you'll probably going to have to pay up to get a Burrow, because you have both star potential and a good floor built into he price - but I'd still wait for the off season for things to cool off some.

Lawrence, I suspect that if people are selling, there should be some bargains available - or maybe not, people could be betting that the Jaguars get a competent coach and paying much more than his performance so far warrants.  And some people are likely to be holding Lawrence with the thought that maybe things will get better in the future) and that might be pushing the price at a level which is too high for a player who at this point is pure speculation

disclaimer, I don't own a Lawrence auto - I have a price in mind I'd pay for a Lawrence auto now, but my guess is that it is probably lower than current market value because of people speculating that things are going to get better in Jacksonville.  I'd buy Lawrence, but I wouldn't pay that much for it.