`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL thus-far discussion

NFL thus-far discussion
Each team has played 5 of its 17 games this season, except for the Colts and Ravens who play tonight as of this post. How have your teams/players played this season, and what are your thoughts on others?

For me, the Panthers are my #1, followed by the Bills (I don't collect Bills though). The defense is great and will likely be a top-10 defense next year with Jaycee Horn back. But you can't play for anything if you can't protect your QB. Sam couldn't get passes off yesterday. If the Panthers can get an O-line, they'll be contenders. Contenders for what exactly, I don't know, but contenders.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the Chargers. I don't think anyone can hate them, unless the hater is a Chief/Raider/Bronco. I think they're the real deal, but probably need another year of experience before becoming a Super Bowl team, kind of like the 2018 vs 2019 Chiefs.

Speaking of the Chiefs, their slide was probably not predicted by a lot of people. I think they'll bounce back, though, and ultimately make the playoffs. That defense is a real problem, though, and I don't see them back at a Super Bowl in February.

Despite what I said about the Chargers, I think a LA/LA Super Bowl in LA is a real possibility. The NFL would break if that happened lol.

What's everyone's thoughts? How's that one obscure player from your local university doing? How's your favorite team been underperforming? Or overperforming? Thoughts?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

RE: NFL thus-far discussion
Sadly, I decided to stop watching the Vikings. I cannot stand Cousins from the very first day they got him, and each time he plays he just makes me more and more furious. If I had a particular player to watch, it might be okay.

Otherwise, I will concentrate on college football this year.

Bears are better than I expected at 3-2. I think they go 5-7 the rest of the way for an 8-9 record. In division, I think we go 0-2 against the Packers, 1-1 against the Vikings, and 2-0 against the Lions (sorry RJ! Love Campbell though, my favorite coach in the NFL by far).

(10-11-2021, 12:01 PM)jplarson Wrote: Bears are better than I expected at 3-2.  I think they go 5-7 the rest of the way for an 8-9 record.  In division, I think we go 0-2 against the Packers, 1-1 against the Vikings, and 2-0 against the Lions (sorry RJ!  Love Campbell though, my favorite coach in the NFL by far).
The NFL season is still going on?

My Vikings (without me) tried to give the Lions their 1st victory but then decided that the fans would turn on them...

The Bears have surprised me. I don't think it's sustainable though, I think they'll finish fairly average.

Well RJ, at least you're getting closer and closer to a top draft pick. Maybe the Lions look for a more permanent solution at QB with Howell or Corral.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(10-11-2021, 01:51 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: The Bears have surprised me. I don't think it's sustainable though, I think they'll finish fairly average.

Well RJ, at least you're getting closer and closer to a top draft pick. Maybe the Lions look for a more permanent solution at QB with Howell or Corral.
Nah, we'll just draft Jeff Okudah's brother.

The Eagles are about what I expected - better, but still not a very good team.

Kansas City is experiencing the decay that occurs with any successful team - the defense and the offensive line has been decimated.

I think the odds of an all LA Super Bowl are pretty low

The LA Rams probably won't even win their division - and I don't think there is any way they beat Tampa twice. Arizona looks to be the real deal so I think they are going to win the NFC West (and are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. And don't count out Tampa (although their defense is pretty bad so far)

On the AFC Side, I'm not sure the Chargers will get past Buffalo. And you can't count out Kansas City even with the terrible defense. Baltimore could also play a role (maybe Cleveland as well) - all of those teams have more playoff experience than the Chargers - but I could see the Chargers make it (which would push Herbert prices to the moon)

The Patriots...so much promise, but man the injuries. The future is bright with Mac at the helm, they just need to get him a true #1 receiver (props to Meyers though) and open up the playbook a tad. Running backs HAVE to stop turning the ball over. Two sepearte games with a back fumbling late in the game within the opponents 30 looking at a go ahead score. This team could easily be 4-1. I doubt they compete for anything this year, so play stonog and draft best defender available in 2022.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

Two favorite players have balled out though. Brady is playing out of his mind and Derrick Henry just continues running over the league.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50