Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Best Thing That's Happened To Me In The Hobby In A Long Time

The Best Thing That's Happened To Me In The Hobby In A Long Time
Friends in football,

I got the most epic gift package perhaps EVER in the mail today from our good buddy JP.

Not pictured - a couple of awesome Barry Sanders inserts I didn't have, as well as another half dozen or so recent Lions singles that have been very difficult to come by ... much appreciated!

But check this out ...

[Image: DanCrop2.jpg]

On the far left - a "Tecmo Super Bowl Legends" custom card, LOL, created by JP, of Lions all-time great kicker Eddie Murray ... signed by Eddie!

Then, another TTM special, current Lions head coach Dan Campbell's Rookies & Stars RC (my favorite product) - signed!

(Love the silver ink, I think it's a very underrated color for autos.)

And, on the far right, JP has single-handedly kept my Matt Barkley PC current with his latest team, the Titans, on a custom 1986 design.

(I already have JP's creations for all of his other teams.)

Now, this gift package already qualified as legendary.

But wait, there's more ... so EPIC it came in a one-touch ...

[Image: Dan1.jpg]

A custom, signed, Dan Campbell head coaching card!

Suffice it to say, this made my day, my week, my month, my year ...

Thanks JP!

RE: The Best Thing That's Happened To Me In The Hobby In A Long Time
JP is almost single-handedly keeping the hobby great. I got a great package today on my end of a trade deal we did on SCF. The sports card world needs more JPs.

The cards look great, it's awesome that they're signed! Silver autos look great if they're on-card, and it's the only sig that still looks great with a thick marker. See also, Origins silver ink autos.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(10-12-2021, 02:35 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: JP is almost single-handedly keeping the hobby great. I got a great package today on my end of a trade deal we did on SCF. The sports card world needs more JPs.

The cards look great, it's awesome that they're signed! Silver autos look great if they're on-card, and it's the only sig that still looks great with a thick marker. See also, Origins silver ink autos.
He's also about 10 times more talented than these clowns that churn out the same old crap at the card companies.

A good egg, that JP.

That is awesome. Nice work JP. Congrats on the cool additions RJ.

(10-12-2021, 02:41 PM)akaus Wrote: That is awesome. Nice work JP. Congrats on the cool additions RJ.
Thanks man ... I love Campbell.

I feel like, if nothing else, he absolutely won't quit trying to turn things around.

I remember when he was hired thinking too bad the Bowman football product didn't exist anymore, because they put out a few cards of coaches a couple of times (John Harbaugh and what not).

This definitely takes care of that!

And I love the Tecmo Bowl cards ... I can only imagine these guys' faces when they open their mail and are like, "I've never seen this one before!"

I'm so glad you like it! I actually bought and sent a silver sharpie specifically for the cards he signed, totally worth it Smile. I'm so happy it made your day, this is exactly what the hobby should be about!

(10-12-2021, 02:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: And I love the Tecmo Bowl cards ... I can only imagine these guys' faces when they open their mail and are like, "I've never seen this one before!"
Whenever I send TTM requests I always send two and ask the player keep one. By far of all my customs the Tecmo ones are the ones they keep.

I'm actually doing some design work for a former player and his non-profit organization doing youth sports cards. We are working out the final details but the design is similar to the Campbell. I'm really excited to see it start to kick into gear.

(10-12-2021, 08:07 PM)jplarson Wrote: I'm so glad you like it!  I actually bought and sent a silver sharpie specifically for the cards he signed, totally worth it Smile.  I'm so happy it made your day, this is exactly what the hobby should be about!

Whenever I send TTM requests I always send two and ask the player keep one.  By far of all my customs the Tecmo ones are the ones they keep. 

I'm actually doing some design work for a former player and his non-profit organization doing youth sports cards.  We are working out the final details but the design is similar to the Campbell.  I'm really excited to see it start to kick into gear.
That’s awesome, keep us posted!

(10-12-2021, 02:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thanks man ... I love Campbell.

I feel like, if nothing else, he absolutely won't quit trying to turn things around.
While the results aren't showing yet, you guys really seem on the path to a good rebuild.

(10-13-2021, 08:50 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: While the results aren't showing yet, you guys really seem on the path to a good rebuild.
The injuries are killing us at the moment as well ... our Pro Bowl caliber left tackle, All-Pro center and first round pick at right tackle (who has been playing LT while Decker has been out all year) are all hurt, as well as our WR1, WR2, CB1, CB3 and best defensive lineman are all on either IR or out for the season.

Despite all that, we could easily be 3-2 right now if not for a 66-yard field goal (and non-call on an expired play clock prior) against the Ravens; 5 trips to the goal line with no points against the Bears; and not playing horrible prevent defense with the lead under a minute to go against the Vikings.

Granted, all teams can use the woulda-coulda-shoulda excuses to say they really should be X-X, but it does show you we're not that far away, and that's with a suspect roster and a ton of injuries adding to the challenge.

And I believe that fight comes from Campbell and the former pros he's assembled on his staff - they all played in the league and they know how to connect with these players.

JP is the MAN!!! His custom cards are awesome!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]