`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketplace. Done

RE: Marketplace. Done
cjgiannini Wrote:I think it's been great.

I'd been selling cheaper cards in rigid envelopes with a stamp. Obviously there's no tracking with just a stamp but thinking as a buyer, why pay $1 for a card with $4 shipping. A lot of people are more willing to buy cheap cards if the shipping is $1 or less. I've sold well over 100 cards and only had 2 issues. Now I can ship cards for $1 or less AND there's tracking. And I haven't had an issue so far.
Since you’ve actually been using this program for shipping, and I only used it for buying, may I ask a question? Do you need to follow their size requirements to ‘the letter’ (pun kinda intended) 
letter size envelopes? 3x5 envelopes? I noticed eBay selling rigid mailing envelopes but that seems to essentially raise the cost of shipping. The 2 purchases I made were basically PWE with a top loader inside.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:Since you’ve actually been using this program for shipping, and I only used it for buying, may I ask a question? Do you need to follow their size requirements to ‘the letter’ (pun kinda intended) 
letter size envelopes? 3x5 envelopes? I noticed eBay selling rigid mailing envelopes but that seems to essentially raise the cost of shipping. The 2 purchases I made were basically PWE with a top loader inside.
I've been using 3x5's for single cards. If I sell a lot of 6 cards, which I do a bit of with basketball player lots, that's usually too thick for a 3x5, so I use a longer #10 sized envelope. But either works well, and I secure the envelope with a fair amount of packing tape and I put the toploader inside a half sheet of paper for extra security.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

cjgiannini Wrote:I've been using 3x5's for single cards. If I sell a lot of 6 cards, which I do a bit of with basketball player lots, that's usually too thick for a 3x5, so I use a longer #10 sized envelope. But either works well, and I secure the envelope with a fair amount of packing tape and I put the toploader inside a half sheet of paper for extra security.
Good, so I don’t need to order the eBay rigid mailers! Awesome! Thanks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:Good, so I don’t need to order the eBay rigid mailers! Awesome! Thanks!
From experience as a buyer, the ones with Rigid square mailers (for DVDs) don't get scanned properly. This program is intended for PLAIN envelopes (standard or hallmark sizes) with little "extra padding" (a top loader or semi rigid Ultra holder" should be enough). Some sellers are no understanding this and I've had several with additional postage paid at the PO and one in which postage was DUE and I had to go to 2 different locations before picking it up.

As for Beckett Marketplace, buy from Burbank - never had a problem with them and always quick mailers!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]