`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketplace. Done

Marketplace. Done
I suspect I am not alone in frustration with Marketplace. Every time I order off Marketplace a third of my orders get refunded (takes a week most of the time) and of course they don't make it easy by letting you know what items have been refunded. Shipping charges are at a premium level from most sellers and with the current bubble most have ended offer option. Rather just go through ebay most sellers from Marketplace are also there but at least they get forced to communicate in a timely manner

RE: Marketplace. Done
I have never purchased from marketplace though I do look through pricing to get an idea what items are selling for. I do suspect that a majority are the BV increases / decreases in the database come directly from prices set in the Beckett Marketplace. Why are you refunded? Are the cards messed up or not available when you make your payment? Thanks!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I have purchased at least 30 times from Marketplace and have received 1-card refunds twice. I suspect the market fluctuations make it difficult to stay up on pricing so if you order "hot players", they may be sly and keep the card to reprice.

Phillies_Joe Wrote:I have never purchased from marketplace though I do look through pricing to get an idea what items are selling for. I do suspect that a majority are the BV increases / decreases in the database come directly from prices set in the Beckett Marketplace.  Why are you refunded? Are the cards messed up or not available when you make your payment?  Thanks!
Part of my issue is the fact they don't explain....in fact they also don't give specifics on what part of the order especially if it's a multi seller order (perhaps that may be part of my frustration as this site basically is in the business of selling information and organization)

kerryandbeth Wrote:I have purchased at least 30 times from Marketplace and have received 1-card refunds twice.  I suspect the market fluctuations make it difficult to stay up on pricing so if you order "hot players", they may be sly and keep the card to reprice.
That's bullshit. If you buy a card at a listed price the seller should not be able to say, "oh I didn't want to sell it for that", and then issue a refund so they can sell it for more!

mgruber2 Wrote:That's bullshit. If you buy a card at a listed price the seller should not be able to say, "oh I didn't want to sell it for that", and then issue a refund so they can sell it for more!
If they do that...I was just speculating the author's issues.  On COMC, several people talked about making offers on a card, then the owner increases the price because there is interest in it!  I sure hope that is not happening on Marketplace.

eBay has some new shipping program for a card or cards totaling $20 or less. It’s like .50-.75 cents in a rigid mailer w/insurance (see specific parameters on eBay) . I guess card sales for lesser value sales dropped off due to shipping cost increases.
You can now afford to sell $20 worth of cards w/ free shipping and actually keep some profits.
I just purchased some (7) inexpensive bowman chrome draft cards of Miami’s Jorge Guzman.
Shipping was .71cents.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:eBay has some new shipping program for a card or cards totaling $20 or less. It’s like .50-.75 cents in a rigid mailer w/insurance (see specific parameters on eBay) . I guess card sales for lesser value sales dropped off due to shipping cost increases.
You can now afford to sell $20 worth of cards w/ free shipping and actually keep some profits.
I just purchased some (7) inexpensive bowman chrome draft cards of Miami’s Jorge Guzman.
Shipping was .71cents.
I think this has been a really boon for buyers for keeping the overall sales total of minimum value cards more realistic.  I don't know about others, but a $5 card shouldn't have $3.85 shipping and tracking attached. As long as the seller packages in essence a PWE with tracking, I'm good with this.  Give ebay a A+ for the change.  $0.51, $0.71 and $0.91 depending on weight.  I will no longer be purchasing from sellers jacking up shipping because someone won a $0.99 bid.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

DrMitchJ Wrote:eBay has some new shipping program for a card or cards totaling $20 or less. It’s like .50-.75 cents in a rigid mailer w/insurance (see specific parameters on eBay) . I guess card sales for lesser value sales dropped off due to shipping cost increases.
Shipping was .71cents.
There are some issues that need to be worked out between ebay and USPS regarding this new service. I recently purchased a card on ebay and it was shipped with this service. A few days later I get a notification that my package has been delivered. Only problem is, it may have been delivered but it was not delivered to MY address. I contacted the seller and he said that I was not the first customer of his that this has happened to and he told me he was going to stop shipping cards via the new method until they get it straightened out. Also, the tracking number given for these packages differs in format from the usual tracking numbers and from my experience aren't recognized when trying to track the package on the USPS website.

Shipping was .71cents.
I think it's been great.

I'd been selling cheaper cards in rigid envelopes with a stamp. Obviously there's no tracking with just a stamp but thinking as a buyer, why pay $1 for a card with $4 shipping. A lot of people are more willing to buy cheap cards if the shipping is $1 or less. I've sold well over 100 cards and only had 2 issues. Now I can ship cards for $1 or less AND there's tracking. And I haven't had an issue so far.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs