`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Please just stop!

RE: Please just stop!
I pay the $10.00 a month to have access to recent sales of cards. The current values of a handful of 1st Bowman prospects do not jive with the recent sales at all, and that is pretty perplexing to me. Alec Bohm, Bobby Dalbec, and Ryan Mountcastle come to mind.

I think the best thing is to reply with what you think is "fair"....that simple. If you keep getting offers for cards you don't want to get offers on.....simple.....don't mark them for trade and problem resolved!

One would naturally assume most offers revolve around the cards that are hottest....I think most would understand wanting more than bv if there are more accurate comps. But that's on you to disclose....don't hate onfolks trying to trade for hot cards.

rpeterson369 Wrote:I think the best thing is to reply with what you think is "fair"....that simple. If you keep getting offers for cards you don't want to get offers on.....simple.....don't mark them for trade and problem resolved!

One would naturally assume most offers revolve around the cards that are hottest....I think most would understand wanting more than bv if there are more accurate comps. But that's on you to disclose....don't hate onfolks trying to trade for hot cards.
I don't think it's hate.

I've done several trades with Rich and he is beyond fair and generous ... in fact, I got my first Trout auto from him back in the day ...

[Image: Trout-Bowman-Front.jpg]

I think what he's saying is (and correct me if I'm wrong, Rich), is if you want a $250 card that just came out of the hottest player ... say, a Tatis auto or something ... don't come at him with $250 "worth" of 50 different Richie Sexson jersey cards or whatever, and then be annoyed that he doesn't go for it.

I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to try, because in general I've been astonished at some of the cards I've been able to pick up versus giving up absolutely nothing I care about, but I also try to be mindful of the "caliber" of what I'm pitching to the other person.

Apples to apples, basically.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Not saying anyone is a bad guy at all.  I am just saying this site needs more people creating trades not less.  I understand the point of the post, we all have dealt with that before and it is frustrating.  I am just saying, based on the original post, it would be quicker to mark those cards not for trade.  I have done that several times over the years, and we all should.  Being mad at folks for asking for the hottest cards is silly, it should be expected, that's what makes them the hottest cards.  And unfortunately not many people follow Ebay prices, and use their Beckett subscription as a guide.

If you reread the post and first few comments, it comes across like people either think others are trying to rip someone off all the time, or that they don't have the time to help educate the newer or more novice members.  I love this site, and love the people on it.  I think those of us that have actually been around for years or a decade should do our best to help integrate the newer members into the fold, to keep this thing going.  If I was newer to the site, and read this post, I would probably be more intimidated to create offers now.  That is all I was trying to express.  

Let's have fun and trade, I would love to see this site grow back to even a quarter of what it used to be.

I don't think it's hate.

I've done several trades with Rich and he is beyond fair and generous ... in fact, I got my first Trout auto from him back in the day ...

I think what he's saying is (and correct me if I'm wrong, Rich), is if you want a $250 card that just came out of the hottest player ... say, a Tatis auto or something ... don't come at him with $250 "worth" of 50 different Richie Sexson jersey cards or whatever, and then be annoyed that he doesn't go for it.

I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to try, because in general I've been astonished at some of the cards I've been able to pick up versus giving up absolutely nothing I care about, but I also try to be mindful of the "caliber" of what I'm pitching to the other person.

Well said!

Agreed and well said.

I do think some of the new members should try a little harder to join the community here, though.

The "I just waited in line at Target for five hours and hoarded all the cards while actual collectors were at work, and now I want to know the value of this chrome optic mega box refractor serial numbered auto jersey mosaic card so I can get it graded and then flip it, so I'll just join Beckett and start asking about values with my very first post" crowd really doesn't do much for me.

I'm much more responsive to the folks who actually take the time to introduce themselves, what they collect, offer to ship first to build a rep, you know ... social/self awareness and manners.

I get that it's not really a thing in the "look at your smartphone the entire time you're pushing your baby in a stroller on a gorgeous day outside" era, but it's still a thing with me.

kerryandbeth Wrote:Well said!
Which part?

It all just melded into one big post because of the Beckett text bubble conundrum, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:You are 100 percent correct with this response. This wasn’t an attack on anyone and no hate behind the post. We all have experienced this on this site. Just want everyone to be fair. Thanks for the kind words and always looking forward to our next trade. 

ugh Trout... knowing what I once owned and how much of it. Hurts my soul...

I don't think it's hate.

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Oh man, Rich, I hear you.

I purged like 98 percent of my collection a couple of years ago.

Can't even fathom how many Trout rookies, second year base cards (that now book for $200 - LOL), inserts, refractors, parallels of him were in that lot.

Put it this way ... just what the couple hundred Trouts are "worth" now are probably more than I got for the entire 350,000 card lot.