`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Please just stop!

Please just stop!
I have received countless offers in the last 2 weeks for some of the single hottest cards on the market place where the BV is about 40-80 percent off what the cards are actually selling for, so unless you are willing to be fair trading. Please quit sending me offer. It’s getting ridiculous trying to explain this to every single collectors and the response is always... oh I had no idea... yeah I believe that of the 2000 cards in my organizer you just happen to pick a handful of the hottest on the market place.

Side note at the very least at least add cards in your org that at a minimum match the BV (not even talking sell value) of the cards you chasing of mine.

Please feel free to comment... I know for a fact I’m not the only one.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

RE: Please just stop!
rad_1205 Wrote:oh I had no idea

The funny thing is, they probably think someone would believe that.

I hear you ... dooshery has always been a thing.

Some common themes on trading/collecting as of late:

"Even though the book values are identical, my cards are better than yours because, well, they're mine."

Or

"Would you take 50 cards worth $10 apiece for your $1,000 card?"

Or

"I know your card books for $250, but I saw one random eBay sale for $80 that ended in the middle of the night on a Wednesday in a foreign country and the guy is charging $60 for shipping, even though all other sales were in the $175-225 range, so can I trade you four $15 cards for it?"

Or

"I know these are just common cards that have been sitting in my ORG for about eight years and you need four of them to complete your set, and you've included nice extras in every trade we've ever made, and given up substantial book value in every trade we've ever made, but rather than just sending them to you, these book for $3 each, pal, so that's $12 in book value not to mention gas and my time for shipping, so in reality, I'll need that $25 auto for those four commons" 

Or

"Hey, I'm one of these awesome 'new collectors' who is raiding all the WalMarts and Targets and trying to flip retail. This is my first post and I don't wanna bother introducing myself or what I like to collect or offer to ship first as I build my rep around here ... I just wanna know what this Prizm Mosaic Refractor Chrome Optic auto card numbered to 5 is worth that I pulled out of a Mega Box that I paid $120 for even though I should have been able to buy it at Target or Walmart for $39.99, but I believe everything that people tell me, especially on the Internet, so this one guy doing a break told me it was a great deal so I went for it."

Did I pretty much cover it?

Well, how about looking at the side of the other person?

I always have cards with BV of $15-$50 and yet every trade offer I have made to you for cards of $10-$50 has been completely ignored in the past so I stopped offering last Spring.

It doesn't fit your complaint above so maybe there are other ways to trade without throwing insults or ignoring...

kerryandbeth Wrote:Well, how about looking at the side of the other person?

I always have cards with BV of $15-$50 and yet every trade offer I have made to you for cards of $10-$50 has been completely ignored in the past so I stopped offering last Spring.

It doesn't fit your complaint above so maybe there are other ways to trade without throwing insults or ignoring...
If you took offense to the post your not a part of the solution. The fact you said I threw out insults you might want to take the time to read again. 

The key word in this entire post is the word FAIR 

And if you are going to make mention of the value of your cards loaded maybe they just aren’t that good or are booked way higher than they should be. Or simply not what I’m looking for.
WANT LIST
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

rad_1205 Wrote:And if you are going to make mention of the value of your cards loaded maybe they just aren’t that good or are booked way higher than they should be. Or simply not what I’m looking for.
Correct.  A simple "no thanks" or trade cancel would suffivmce rather than crickets chirping.

I think I might at least be partially the subject of this post.

Ive made 80 trades on this site, and on every single successful trade, both sides have agreed to "even" the trade using Beckett's values. I have no desire to search around eBay for completed sales of cards to determine a value. I rely on Beckett's values for my trades, and it seems as though most everyone else here does as well.

And to be fair, all 4 cards that were in play on the trade are on fire in terms of market desirability. Beckett's price guide certainly isnt perfect, but it seems to work reasonably well enough to facilitate trading using it as a guide. I do apologize for getting cold feet on the trade.

kerryandbeth Wrote:Correct.  A simple "no thanks" or trade cancel would suffivmce rather than crickets chirping.
You’re not worth my time or energy glad you got the point last year. Thanks for the rating and comments we can all see where the problem is now.
WANT LIST
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

jbissell Wrote:I think I might at least be partially the subject of this post.

Ive made 80 trades on this site, and on every single successful trade, both sides have agreed to "even" the trade using Beckett's values. I have no desire to search around eBay for completed sales of cards to determine a value. I rely on Beckett's values for my trades, and it seems as though most everyone else here does as well.

And to be fair, all 4 cards that were in play on the trade are on fire in terms of market desirability. Beckett's price guide certainly isnt perfect, but it seems to work reasonably well enough to facilitate trading using it as a guide. I do apologize for getting cold feet on the trade.
Bro go read my comment in our trade. Absolutely zero to do with you.
WANT LIST
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

rad_1205 Wrote:You’re not worth my time or energy glad you got the point last year. Thanks for the rating and comments we can all see where the problem is now.
Wow, takes more effort to be a jerk than an ambassador of this site.