`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Yeah! A Contenders fat pack

RE: Yeah! A Contenders fat pack
ZSDOne Wrote:I got a Prizm Draft Picks Baseball blaster - was actually a fun open - I got an autograph numbered to 25 of someone and a numbered parallel to 99 of someone else.   Not at all sure of how good the players are or if they have any chance of being good - but it was still pretty neat to open a blaster that had an autograph and a numbered parallel.
I found and bought six of these about a month ago looking for Torkelson and Tigers picks and really enjoyed it ... I hit five autos in the six blasters, tons of color ... and one of the autos was a blue/25 of Trei Cruz, Detroit's third-rounder.

And since the baseball draft was only five rounds this year, I pulled Detroit's entire draft class, LOL

Very, very pleased with the break, although I only pulled one base and one subset card of Torkelson, no numbered or Prizm parallels.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I found and bought six of these about a month ago looking for Torkelson and Tigers picks and really enjoyed it ... I hit five autos in the six blasters, tons of color ... and one of the autos was a blue/25 of Trei Cruz, Detroit's third-rounder.

And since the baseball draft was only five rounds this year, I pulled Detroit's entire draft class, LOL

Very, very pleased with the break, although I only pulled one base and one subset card of Torkelson, no numbered or Prizm parallels.
I looked up the autograph I got - was a third round pick of the Mets - the numbered card was also a third round pick of the Reds.  It was so much fun it almost made me wish I picked up both of the blasters they had - but not being a big baseball collector, I'll let some other collector have the fun (retail sharks can't possibly be trying to resell Panini baseball at a huge profit, right?)

ZSDOne Wrote:I looked up the autograph I got - was a third round pick of the Mets - the numbered card was also a third round pick of the Reds.  It was so much fun it almost made me wish I picked up both of the blasters they had - but not being a big baseball collector, I'll let some other collector have the fun (retail sharks can't possibly be trying to resell Panini baseball at a huge profit, right?)
I am not big on baseball myself.  Usually just get the Factory Topps set each year and some occasional blasters or value packs just to check out the product.  Prior to this year the only baseball set I built since 2007 was the Topps Holiday set in 2017.  This year I have built the Donruss, Archives and Topps Update out of boredom.  And since there was only baseball at my WalMart yesterday (Heritage High Number and Topps Holiday) I grabbed one of the Topps Holiday blasters to have something to open tonight.  Dont' know if there was new football/basketball stocked, but if there was it was long gone.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

ZSDOne Wrote:I looked up the autograph I got - was a third round pick of the Mets - the numbered card was also a third round pick of the Reds.  It was so much fun it almost made me wish I picked up both of the blasters they had - but not being a big baseball collector, I'll let some other collector have the fun (retail sharks can't possibly be trying to resell Panini baseball at a huge profit, right?)
Nope - Prizm Draft baseball is the only thing they leave behind.

I'm glad I busted the ones I did but am not doing any more. I pulled the Tigers PC guys I wanted and also a Tigers auto so I’m calling it good.

I'm also trying not to buy the non-shark products, because I don’t want to give Panini my money and reward them for their ridiculous exploitation of their monopoly.