`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Yeah! A Contenders fat pack

Yeah! A Contenders fat pack
That is all that was left.  According to the website, my Target had some baseketball prizm draft.  Stopped by there after work and all there was was a single fat pack of Contenders football.  So I took it.  The distributor was there and I chatted with him a bit, more like vented about the shark situation.  He was still stocking the shelves with all of the non-sports products.  He said there was some Prizm football (or maybe it was basketball, don't remember).  He said there were about 20 people waiting in a line when he got there.  I commended him when he told me that he gave each in line 1 of the packs.  He is aware of the sharks and their idiocy.  But at least all the product got spread around and hopefully wasn't worth the time they all waited.  There were a bunch of Elite Extra Edition baseball blaster, but I have spent way to much on baseball this year (out of boredom).
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Yeah! A Contenders fat pack
I'm sure you already know, but the "stock" the website shows, at least for sports cards, doesn't mean *****. TBH your best bet would probably to check out the target next week on the same day of the week, but go earlier.

I am glad more Targets are starting to implement the 1 per system - if all Targets would do it I bet the sharks would disapear leaving ***** on the shelves for people that actually want to open em. Imagine that lol.
PC: Any and all Lions!  ++Calvin ++Stafford ++Galloday ++Swift    +Tomlinson +Brunell    ++memorabilia/autos/RC

dogger99 Wrote:That is all that was left.  According to the website, my Target had some baseketball prizm draft.  Stopped by there after work and all there was was a single fat pack of Contenders football.  So I took it.  The distributor was there and I chatted with him a bit, more like vented about the shark situation.  He was still stocking the shelves with all of the non-sports products.  He said there was some Prizm football (or maybe it was basketball, don't remember).  He said there were about 20 people waiting in a line when he got there.  I commended him when he told me that he gave each in line 1 of the packs.  He is aware of the sharks and their idiocy.  But at least all the product got spread around and hopefully wasn't worth the time they all waited.  There were a bunch of Elite Extra Edition baseball blaster, but I have spent way to much on baseball this year (out of boredom).
PM sent sir!

dogger99 Wrote:That is all that was left.  According to the website, my Target had some baseketball prizm draft.  Stopped by there after work and all there was was a single fat pack of Contenders football.  So I took it.  The distributor was there and I chatted with him a bit, more like vented about the shark situation.  He was still stocking the shelves with all of the non-sports products.  He said there was some Prizm football (or maybe it was basketball, don't remember).  He said there were about 20 people waiting in a line when he got there.  I commended him when he told me that he gave each in line 1 of the packs.  He is aware of the sharks and their idiocy.  But at least all the product got spread around and hopefully wasn't worth the time they all waited.  There were a bunch of Elite Extra Edition baseball blaster, but I have spent way to much on baseball this year (out of boredom).
What did you get?

ZSDOne Wrote:What did you get?
Other than the 18  base (you never get RC's in these fat packs):
Peyton Manning Legendary Contenders
Jalen Hurts ROY Contenders
Josh Allen MVP Contenders
Xavier McKinney/Trevon Diggs Round Numbers
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:Other than the 18  base (you never get RC's in these fat packs):
Peyton Manning Legendary Contenders
Jalen Hurts ROY Contenders
Josh Allen MVP Contenders
Xavier McKinney/Trevon Diggs Round Numbers
I just consider them "retail rookie cards."

Will definitely NOT be buying blasters this year, not that I could find them if I wanted to ... not interested in the points cards in the slightest.

Last year I bought three blasters that advertised "one auto or mem card per box" and got rewards cards in all three.

No thanks ... that's one product I'm happy to let the retail shark idiots gobble up.

Can you imagine being one of these new rubes who pays for a marked up blaster of this crap?

WevoFlashBack Wrote:I'm sure you already know, but the "stock" the website shows, at least for sports cards, doesn't mean *****. TBH your best bet would probably to check out the target next week on the same day of the week, but go earlier.

I am glad more Targets are starting to implement the 1 per system - if all Targets would do it I bet the sharks would disapear leaving ***** on the shelves for people that actually want to open em. Imagine that lol.
+1

rjcj2017 Wrote:I just consider them "retail rookie cards."

Will definitely NOT be buying blasters this year, not that I could find them if I wanted to ... not interested in the points cards in the slightest.

Last year I bought three blasters that advertised "one auto or mem card per box" and got rewards cards in all three.

No thanks ... that's one product I'm happy to let the retail shark idiots gobble up.

Can you imagine being one of these new rubes who pays for a marked up blaster of this crap?
Contenders blasters haven't been even worth considering since they stopped guaranteeing an autograph per blaster - and really, 2011 with the /99 Retail Exclusive redemptions (I got two of them) was probably the last year they were at all worth buying.

Even hobby has become difficult with only 5 autographs (one on card) rather than six (two on card) and the vastly inflated  price.  And since I already got my Burrow autograph, I think I'm done with 2020 - unless I can find some Optic megaboxes at retail price since I like Optic and they are a relatively good value

Went to the same Target today. Still no football. But they now have 2 signs posted limiting customers to 2 items (of the same product). So some progress. Now of course this won't stop Mr. Shark from bringing in his wife and little Johnny and Suzie along with the kid's nextdoor neighbor friend. Mr. Shark still gets a lot of product and the kids get a promise of a stop at the ice cream shop afterwords.

Broke down and bought one of the 2 Prizm Draft Baseball just to have something to open tonight.

dogger99 Wrote:Went to the same Target today.  Still no football.  But they now have 2 signs posted limiting customers to 2 items (of the same product).  So some progress.  Now of course this won't stop Mr. Shark from bringing in his wife and little Johnny and Suzie along with the kid's nextdoor neighbor friend.  Mr. Shark still gets a lot of product and the kids get a promise of a stop at the ice cream shop afterwords.

Broke down and bought one of the 2 Prizm Draft Baseball just to have something to open tonight.
I got a Prizm Draft Picks Baseball blaster - was actually a fun open - I got an autograph numbered to 25 of someone and a numbered parallel to 99 of someone else.   Not at all sure of how good the players are or if they have any chance of being good - but it was still pretty neat to open a blaster that had an autograph and a numbered parallel.