`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions over the Bears

Lions over the Bears
Turn about is fair play RJ.  Nice win by the Lions today, I figured after the Stafford pick that was it but they hung on and stopped the Bears.

RE: Lions over the Bears
jplarson Wrote:Turn about is fair play RJ.  Nice win by the Lions today, I figured after the Stafford pick that was it but they hung on and stopped the Bears.
Thank you my friend. I didn't get to see it but it sounded like a fun game.

For some unknown reason, the local Fox station here decided to show the Seahawks-Giants game (we would have had Washington Football Team-Steelers normally but that game got moved to this afternoon) - I was expecting it to be a snoozefest and I guess it was - but in a much more interesting way than it expected.

I guess that Colt McCoy has always specialized in the inexplictable back up quarterback upset

I totally jinxed the Jets...I was berating a guy I know who's a Jets fan, saying here we go, Jets are going to win out and save Gase's job! 2 seconds later, Ruggs goes in for the score. What does this have to do with the lions/bears? Nothing, just a cool story! lol. I thought maybe the Bears had found a way, as Montgomery and Patterson were playing well, but what's going on with the defense? Stafford torched them.

savagenate Wrote:I totally jinxed the Jets...I was berating a guy I know who's a Jets fan, saying here we go, Jets are going to win out and save Gase's job! 2 seconds later, Ruggs goes in for the score. What does this have to do with the lions/bears? Nothing, just a cool story! lol. I thought maybe the Bears had found a way, as Montgomery and Patterson were playing well, but what's going on with the defense? Stafford torched them.
He does that a lot.

10 point deficit, 4 minutes to play = no problem

(12-07-2020, 12:41 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: He does that a lot.

10 point deficit, 4 minutes to play = no problem
It was basically the reverse of week 1 where the Lions led in the 4th and the Bears pulled out a come from behind win. Getting rid of Patricia was the right call, guy was yet another example of the Patriots mystique not working because you can't replicate BB's hard nose ways first and expect everything else to fall into place.

jplarson Wrote:It was basically the reverse of week 1 where the Lions led in the 4th and the Bears pulled out a come from behind win.  Getting rid of Patricia was the right call, guy was yet another example of the Patriots mystique not working because you can't replicate BB's hard nose ways first and expect everything else to fall into place.
Agreed ... the team gave the game ball to Bevell yesterday ... that tells you something right there.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Agreed ... the team gave the game ball to Bevell yesterday ... that tells you something right there.
Former Badger, congrats to him!

Oh, and yeah, the guy that caught the 49yrd td pass? Badger. Wisconsin is accepting thank you cards in the form of cheese curds and brats from all Detroit fans.

(12-08-2020, 11:58 AM)savagenate Wrote: Wisconsin is accepting thank you cards in the form of cheese curds and brats from all Detroit fans.
Only if those curds and brats were made in Wisconsin.