`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions over the Bears

RE: Lions over the Bears
savagenate Wrote:Oh, and yeah, the guy that caught the 49yrd td pass? Badger. Wisconsin is accepting thank you cards in the form of cheese curds and brats from all Detroit fans.
That was an awesome catch ... I think Cephus had a solid future. He fell to the fifth round because he didn't have an elite Spandex Games 40-yard dash time, but I would have to assume that height, size, strength and hands can make up for it, like they did on that catch.

True NFL fans knew the Lions would beat the Bears. Chicago has been in complete free-fall after starting 5-0. I still don't even know how they won the first 5 games. Trubisky sucks and I'm from NC, so I know he was more hype than talent before he ever got drafted. I said long ago that Russell Wilson was an awesome QB before he left NCSU for Wisconsin, look what he's done since getting to the NFL. On a flip-side, I couldn't (and still can't) believe that NYG took Duke's Daniel Jones as their QB and replaced Eli Manning with Jones. I'm a Duke fan and I still had no faith in Jones being a starting QB in the NFL. I also had no respect for Eli as a QB, so I guess the Giants were going to suck in any way this season. Tongue

Back to the NFC North, Packers run away with the division and the Vikings MIGHT still make the playoffs. Detroit tanked in an unknown way and the Bears won more games early in the season than they should have won all season. I still don't know why nobody in the NFC North can even compete with GB. All 3 teams have something good on one side of the ball or the other, but none seem to get things going on with both sides of the line!

(12-09-2020, 05:44 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Back to the NFC North, Packers run away with the division and the Vikings MIGHT still make the playoffs. Detroit tanked in an unknown way and the Bears won more games early in the season than they should have won all season. I still don't know why nobody in the NFC North can even compete with GB. All 3 teams have something good on one side of the ball or the other, but none seem to get things going on with both sides of the line!
Bears lost week 3 to the Colts, hot start was 5-1 /pedantic. No one else can win the NFC north because of the Favre/Rodgers run. Look at NE's dominance in the AFC East. You got the right guy under center you're gonna dominate.

The sad thing is, the bears with a decent QB and a better Coach are probably the most complete team in the NFC North. Packers are winning with points, but that defense is like putting a junior varsity team out there. Honestly, without Rodgers, this team is pretty garbage. Adams is very good, but he's got a great who's throwing to him. I feel like this division is way closer than it looks, and that within the next 2 years the hierarchy will be changing.