`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rookies & Stars Retail Break - Quite Pleased!

Rookies & Stars Retail Break - Quite Pleased!
Happy Holidays, Friends.

I picked up four hangers and eight jumbos of Rookies & Stars at Target over the weekend and did very well:

3 Burrow RCs
2 Tua RCs
1 Herbert RC
2 Okudah RCs - in Lions uniform, not spandex!
Burrow Rookie Ticket
Tua Rookie Ticket
Burrow Rookie Rush
D'Andre Swift Rookie Rush
D'Andre Swift Chrome card of some type
CeeDee Lamb Chrome card of some type
Donovan Peoples-Jones auto - Michigan PC
Anthony Gordon auto
3 Tompa Bay base
1 Cam Newton Patriots base

I believe the hangers were $15 and the jumbos were $12, so all told I spent roughly $170 ... very pleased!

RE: Rookies & Stars Retail Break - Quite Pleased!
If the hobby boxes were the $100 they should have been, that wouldn't have been very good compared to hobby (and assuming the the base rookie cards and inserts go back to a more normal pricing structure).

But with hobby boxes being over $200, its doubtful that the five numbered parallels will make up the $30+ - especially with fewer rookie cards.

Rookies & Stars is my favorite football product, so I was just thrilled to find some.

Also busted a couple blasters of Absolute, and of course the one card that was damaged was the Joe Burrow RC.

Womp womp ... had to send it back to Panini, hopefully I'll see it by spring.

That sounds pretty loaded!

savagenate Wrote:That sounds pretty loaded!
I love Rookies & Stars ... doesn't necessarily book well but it's one of those products you always feel like you're going to pull something.

Plus, the Okudah in an actual Lions uniform was a nice surprise ... all of the other Spandex combine photos were well-documented in another thread, LOL

Peoples-Jones had a big 75 yard touchdown yesterday for the Browns

ZSDOne Wrote:Peoples-Jones had a big 75 yard touchdown yesterday for the Browns
I saw that ... he's getting reps with OBJ out with the knee.

Of all the non-top tier autos to get, that's one of the better ones.

I actually found some Rookies & Stars hangers - the biggest thing of note I got was an exclusive hanger box purple Burrow parallel.

I also got a purple parallel of legendary Detroit Lions running back Jason Hundley for my Eagles collection. LOL.

No autographs - but then I don't think I've ever gotten an auto out of retail Rookies and Stars other than in the Longevity boxes.

ZSDOne Wrote:I actually found some Rookies & Stars hangers - the biggest thing of note I got was an exclusive hanger box purple Burrow parallel.

I also got a purple parallel of legendary Detroit Lions running back Jason Hundley for my Eagles collection.  LOL.

No autographs - but then I don't think I've ever gotten an auto out of retail Rookies and Stars other than in the Longevity boxes.
I believe my Donovan Peoples-Jones auto came out of a hanger and my Anthony Gordon came out of a fat pack this year.

Nice Huntley!

Just opened my 4 hangers. Forgot there were that many RC's in each one. Should have bought 8, would have been closer to the set.

Didn't get any duplicate RC's. However, did get quadruples (that is right, 1 in each hanger) of 4 cards, at least one of those was Brady. Also got 12 triplicates.

Plenty of inserts, BV of the top 6 or 7 paid for the hangers. Even though when I left the Target yesterday with 20 something hanger boxes hanging, have a feeling if I went back tomorrow they will all be gone. Just have to wait for the next round and hope I catch it early.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.