`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Sharks May Be Moving On From 2020 Donruss

RE: The Sharks May Be Moving On From 2020 Donruss
ZSDOne Wrote:And of course, in saying pity for the pack searchers, I am likely very influenced by the great Mr. T.

I pity those fools!
LOL ... the last DBPS I saw was literally molesting the packs, it was beyond horrifying.

He was pack searching Topps Fire baseball, too ... I mean, Topps Fire baseball?

You have to hate yourself to pack search Topps Fire.

rjcj2017 Wrote:LOL ... the last DBPS I saw was literally molesting the packs, it was beyond horrifying.

He was pack searching Topps Fire baseball, too ... I mean, Topps Fire baseball?

You have to hate yourself to pack search Topps Fire.
You almost have to hate yourself to look at Topps Fire.

ZSDOne Wrote:You almost have to hate yourself to look at Topps Fire.
Or buy it.

I bought a total of one blaster and one fat pack and other than the Robert RC and Trout insert I pulled in the blaster, I can't think of a single card I would even put in a toploader.

Funny you should start this thread. My Target had Donruss today. Don't know what all was on the shelves prior to the sharks. Only thing there was 12 value packs of Donruss. Whatever else was stocked was history. I grabbed 8 packs. So will at least get to open some. Still not going to do the set, so all but PC will be for trade.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Man, I could have saved myself a ton of time and money if I had known Panini would release a complete Donruss set with variations! Sadly the 3 Targets I consider within driving distance never have anything.

jplarson Wrote:Man, I could have saved myself a ton of time and money if I had known Panini would release a complete Donruss set with variations!  Sadly the 3 Targets I consider within driving distance never have anything.
I normally wouldn't buy a Donruss complete set - in a normal market.

In this market, buying one at retail price ($39.99) seems extremely prudent.  Especially since it has all of the variations which seem to be like one per hobby box.

Only 5 of the value packs had a base RR, though did get Burrow and Herbert. Had several canvas and blue RR, but that doesn't help with the set, which I am still not doing. Hard to believe that what I just spent for the 8 vps would have bought the whole set w/variations. Didn't get a single base variation. Not like baseball, where I got a ton of them. My only variations was a blue in every pack. Again doesn't help the base set.

So still won't build set. Maybe if I see one, I will buy it considering that the bv of the Burrow is the cost of the set (at retail price). I can see the sharks scooping these up to break them and sell off the big cards on Ebay.

Have any of you looked at the Larry Fitzgerald card. I got 2 of them. The first had what looked like flaws on the bottom half, so I tossed it aside to throw away. Then when I got the 2nd one, it had the identical flaws. I scanned them and was going to post it, but the flaws don't show up in the scan.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

dogger99 Wrote:Only 5 of the value packs had a base RR, though did get Burrow and Herbert.  Had several canvas and blue RR, but that doesn't help with the set, which I am still not doing.  Hard to believe that what I just spent for the 8 vps would have bought the whole set w/variations.  Didn't get a single base variation.  Not like baseball, where I got a ton of them.  My only variations was a blue in every pack.  Again doesn't help the base set.

So still won't build set. Maybe if I see one, I will buy it considering that the bv of the Burrow is the cost of the set (at retail price).  I can see the sharks scooping these up to break them and sell off the big cards on Ebay.

Have any of you looked at the Larry Fitzgerald card.  I got 2 of them.  The first had what looked like flaws on the bottom half, so I tossed it aside to throw away.  Then when I got the 2nd one, it had the identical flaws. I scanned them and was going to post it, but the flaws don't show up in the scan.
I need the Herbert, Rob!!! You're a Redskins guy, I have a dupe of Chase Young. Let's do this!

rjcj2017 Wrote:I need the Herbert, Rob!!! You're a Redskins guy, I have a dupe of Chase Young. Let's do this!
RJ,  I only collect the Redskins from the 70' and 80's.  I don't bother collecting the current players the way they bounce around from team to team.  Also, the Herbert is 6x the value of the Young.  Also, in case I get stupid and build the set, those are the top 2 cards in the set, so need to hold onto them for a while.

(10-16-2020, 05:40 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Weekend bump, let's do it!
(10-17-2020, 07:55 AM)dogger99 Wrote: Also, in case I get stupid and build the set
I've got a growing stack I wouldn't mind cutting down if you do decide to go for it! Of rookies the best dupe I've gotten is Lamb.