Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: The Sharks May Be Moving On From 2020 Donruss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Broken record - went to Target last night after the sharks had been there.

They cleared out Mosaic and Absolute football.

But ... they left behind several loose packs of 2020 Donruss.

Of course, the Pack Searcher Doosh Bag branch of the Doosh Bag Network had molested all the packs, so they were all sideways and disheveled in the gravity feeder, but I cleared them out.

Finally got my Tompa Bay card ...

[Image: Brady-Donruss.jpg]

Here are the main rookie highlights, still no Burrow whatsoever:

[Image: Donruss-Rated-Rookies.jpg]

OK, as for the aforementioned Doosh Bag Pack Searchers, they suck at pack searching.

Glad to pull this Danny Dimes as it is my first hit of him, and I'm always glad to add The Incredible Hock to my Lions PC:

[Image: Vets-Jerseys.jpg]

Oh yeah, did I happen to mention how bad these Doosh Bag Pack Searchers actually suck at pack searching?

Also pulled these fellows:

[Image: Justin-Tua.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
awesome job RJ! Sharks are still alive and well around here. Wound up going the Donruss team sets at actual (gasp) retail prices to fill some needs. Between Score and Donruss, seems like I need to pay some more respect for the gravity feeder packs.
jplarson Wrote:awesome job RJ!  Sharks are still alive and well around here.  Wound up going the Donruss team sets at actual (gasp) retail prices to fill some needs.  Between Score and Donruss, seems like I need to pay some more respect for the gravity feeder packs.
I mean, I could tell the jersey card packs right away (did not search them first, just grabbed them all) because they're thicker and more stiff.

I was like, "you gotta be kidding me" every time I came across one in my stacks as I was ripping them.
I actually found a Target around here that had a choice of cards - Donruss blasters, Donruss Complete Sets, Allen & Ginter three packs and fat packs, and Leaf Charlie Hustole - it also had a sign up that said that "Trading Cards are limited to two per customer" which might explain why.

And if you are wondering, I got a Donruss complete set (apparently they are hard to find) - normally I wouldn't get one but given the high cost of hobby boxes limiting me to only one this year, the lack of cards at retail anywhere and that the complete sets include all of the variation cards I decided to get the complete set - I also got a Donruss blaster and the highlights were a Sammy Watkins "The Champ is Here" for my Clemson collection, a Randy Moss Red, Josh Jacobs, and a Michael Pitmann relic. It also had four rated rookies (I haven't looked close enough to see if any are Optic or Canvas) - Tua, Isiah Simmons, Jerry Juedy, and someone else.
ZSDOne Wrote:I actually found a Target around here that had a choice of cards - Donruss blasters, Donruss Complete Sets, Allen & Ginter three packs and fat packs, and Leaf Charlie Hustole - it also had a sign up that said that "Trading Cards are limited to two per customer" which might explain why.

And if you are wondering, I got a Donruss complete set (apparently they are hard to find) - normally I wouldn't get one but given the high cost of hobby boxes limiting me to only one this year, the lack of cards at retail anywhere and that the complete sets include all of the variation cards I decided to get the complete set - I also got a Donruss blaster and the highlights were a Sammy Watkins "The Champ is Here" for my Clemson collection, a Randy Moss Red, Josh Jacobs, and a Michael Pitmann relic.  It also had four rated rookies (I haven't looked close enough to see if any are Optic or Canvas) - Tua, Isiah Simmons, Jerry Juedy, and someone  else.
Nice stuff!

I went to a Target out of town that was all cleared out, but at least they had a sign as well.

(No signs in my area stores yet, and pretty sure the local WalMart has completely quit carrying sports cards.)

I get this feeling the stores are getting tired of it.
rjcj2017 Wrote:I mean, I could tell the jersey card packs right away (did not search them first, just grabbed them all) because they're thicker and more stiff.

I was like, "you gotta be kidding me" every time I came across one in my stacks as I was ripping them.
I remember a couple of years back, I was in a retail store and Absolute football had just come out - I decided to get two fat packs to check out how the cards looked - so I picked up the first two fat packs - the second one was *significantly heavier* than the other (it wasn't even close to the same weight).  Of course, I had planned on getting two packs and those were the first two packs so I got them - and sure enough, the significantly heavier pack did have something - a Josh Dotson triple relic auto (which in Absolute is technically a base card).

It made me realize that while the pack searchers deserve scorn, they also deserve pity - for they would have spent significant effort handling packs and trying to weigh them trying  to find a Josh Dotson card.
rjcj2017 Wrote:Nice stuff!

I went to a Target out of town that was all cleared out, but at least they had a sign as well.

(No signs in my area stores yet, and pretty sure the local WalMart has completely quit carrying sports cards.)

I get this feeling the stores are getting tired of it.
In this current market, if you can find the Donruss complete set at retail, its actually a bargain at $40

And I am very hopeful that all of hte Targets will start adapting that - and put the retail sharks out of business.
ZSDOne Wrote:I remember a couple of years back, I was in a retail store and Absolute football had just come out - I decided to get two fat packs to check out how the cards looked - so I picked up the first two fat packs - the second one was *significantly heavier* than the other (it wasn't even close to the same weight).  Of course, I had planned on getting two packs and those were the first two packs so I got them - and sure enough, the significantly heavier pack did have something - a Josh Dotson triple relic auto (which in Absolute is technically a base card).

It made me realize that while the pack searchers deserve scorn, they also deserve pity - for they would have spent significant effort handling packs and trying to weigh them trying  to find a Josh Dotson card.
I have zero sympathy for any member of the Doosh Bag Network.

95 percent of retail jerseys are usually plain swatches of common players anyway, yet these idiots will pay $5 for a fat pack to flip a $3 jersey card.
rjcj2017 Wrote:I have zero sympathy for any member of the Doosh Bag Network.

95 percent of retail jerseys are usually plain swatches of common players anyway, yet these idiots will pay $5 for a fat pack to flip a $3 jersey card.
Oh, I don't have sympathy for them - but I do find them to be pitiful.

How big of a loser do you have to be to pack search for an RPS junk relic?
And of course, in saying pity for the pack searchers, I am likely very influenced by the great Mr. T.

I pity those fools!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5