IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Retail Sharks and the LCS are One in the Same

RE: When the Retail Sharks and the LCS are One in the Same
They have joined the Doosh Bag Network.

hckydv7 Wrote:Yea-- so much for COMC 3 month shipping. I have 4 orders that are going on 4 months now still nothing yet. emailed them once and was told it would be marked as need to be rushed as it was passed due but 2 weeks later still nothing.
Be curious to see if they send it combined as 1 shipment.  They did that to me when I had 3 orders (1 in March, 2 in May).  All arrived late May.  Had 1 shipment, but paid shipping for all 3.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

My first order was due 7/12. I emailed on 7/16 asking for a discount or small refund and they mailed it the next day.

Since I plan to keep them, the slow shipping is nothing to cause panic, but they should be concerned about losing customers used to better service.

kerryandbeth Wrote:My first order was due 7/12.  I emailed on 7/16 asking for a discount or small refund and they mailed it the next day.

Since I plan to keep them, the slow shipping is nothing to cause panic, but they should be concerned about losing customers used to better service.
Same  here, all my purchases are either PC or cards needed for sets.  It is just a hassle if you have several orders that you are waiting on and when making trades have to keep going to your orders to make sure you don't trade for something that you have already purchased.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:It is just a hassle if you have several orders that you are waiting on and when making trades have to keep going to your orders to make sure you don't trade for something that you have already purchased.
Yeah, you got that right!  I purchased some cards from Beckett Marketplace last night and then realized I already have two of them coming from COMC.  Crap.  At least they are players that others may want.

dogger99 Wrote:Same  here, all my purchases are either PC or cards needed for sets.  It is just a hassle if you have several orders that you are waiting on and when making trades have to keep going to your orders to make sure you don't trade for something that you have already purchased.
I have turned back to COMC after not having made a purchase for a while.  Also us Sportlots.  Same for me PC cards so having to wait is not terrible.  Since I have all my wants marked in my ORG I just set up 2 collections for due from COMC and Sportlots and show remove the want from the card and add it to the respective collection.  That way I know where it is coming from eventually.

I went into my LCS yesterday to buy a couple of 2-row shoeboxes. They have Mosaic basketball blasters for $185 each. One guy bought one and pulled a Zion true RC. But that price is crazy for blasters. The new owner (it changed hands just before the pandemic hit) said he goes around and buys blasters and mega boxes since he can't buy from a distributor yet. He said he also buys hobby boxes from the big box distributors (D&A, Blowout, etc.), and that's why they're priced so high. 

Some of the pack prices I remember are 2020 Opening Day for $7 each, 2020 Topps Series 2 for $14 each, 2020 Prizm for $22 each and 2020 Chronicles for $49 each. Those seem a bit high, but after his explanation I understand why.

crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:I went into my LCS yesterday to buy a couple of 2-row shoeboxes. They have Mosaic basketball blasters for $185 each. One guy bought one and pulled a Zion true RC. But that price is crazy for blasters. The new owner (it changed hands just before the pandemic hit) said he goes around and buys blasters and mega boxes since he can't buy from a distributor yet. He said he also buys hobby boxes from the big box distributors (D&A, Blowout, etc.), and that's why they're priced so high. 

Some of the pack prices I remember are 2020 Opening Day for $7 each, 2020 Topps Series 2 for $14 each, 2020 Prizm for $22 each and 2020 Chronicles for $49 each. Those seem a bit high, but after his explanation I understand why.
Ummm ... What? $7 for Opening Day?

Nice "explanation" ... wondering how long he'll go with that. Anyone that stupid to pay those prices deserves it.

And as for the big Zion RC pull?

You can, at this very moment, buy that card raw on Doosh Bay for ... wait for it ... drum roll ... $38.99!

Man, what a winner! You pay more than 9 times what the blaster is worth and pull the best card in the set, all for the low low price of a $150 loss!

(cue banjo music here)

Sheeeyooot, where can I get me some of them there blasters?

What an absolute joke.

Also hilarious is the "card shop" owner thinking he'll be in business for more than, I don't know, a couple more months with those prices.

rjcj2017 Wrote:And as for the big Zion RC pull?

You can, at this very moment, buy that card raw on Doosh Bay for ... wait for it ... drum roll ... $38.99!

Man, what a winner! You pay more than 9 times what the blaster is worth and pull the best card in the set, all for the low low price of a $150 loss!
The sad/funny thing is the LCS owner told the guy that it's a $600 card. 
He also pulled a Caruso (?) auto, and the owner told him it was a $80-$100 card.
The box breaker wound up submitting both to go into the owner's weekly PSA sub.

Unfortunately, based upon the conversations I have had with the guy who owns my LCS near my house, we are likely to see more of this - the distributors have shut out the LCS from being able to buy that many product - and they have raised the prices considerably for the little guys - the big guys apparently can buy at the original price but the little card shops are being shut out and forced to pay huge prices.

It's understandably why they would resort to that - however, at the same time, they are charting a court for a short term fix that will ultimately assure their doom.

Fortunately, the card shops I go to all sell other things - one does most of its business in sportswear, one does most of its business in gaming (Pokemon, Magic), and one is a general gift shop that also also cards - that seems to be the only way to have a sportscard shop now.