`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Had an Interesting Conversation with the Card Lady Last Night

Had an Interesting Conversation with the Card Lady Last Night
So last night after I was sure the sharks had finally cleared out, I went back to Target.

The card lady was still there, and we struck up a conversation.

(Don’t worry, the sharks cleared out everything except for Allen & Ginter horseball and OPC hockey.)

Some great nuggets from our conversation:

-         Some people had loitered in the card aisle for several hours yesterday; this is common at each of her seven stores
-         Security had to be called over to the card aisle while she was putting product out to deal with the throng yesterday
-         She has people that actually know and follow her car from store to store
-         These people track product on an app and text each other which store to go to next
-         One doosh offered her $40 cash to let him know when and where she’s going next
-         She usually eats lunch in her car between stops and has had people knock on the window asking for certain products … while she’s eating in her car

Now, I’m not lucky like Doc to where I know the store manager and will have boxes put aside for me, but she did give me her business card and asked me to call both Excell and the Target corporation.

I think it’s safe to say we can all now agree that anyone who still thinks this is “good for the hobby” is just as big a doosh bag as the actual Doosh Bag Network itself.

If that lady was a relative of mine, heaven help the doosh bag that knocked on her car window the next time.

RE: Had an Interesting Conversation with the Card Lady Last Night
For her protection, I hope she carries. Lotta scumbags out there who could take things too far.

mgruber2 Wrote:For her protection, I hope she carries. Lotta scumbags out there who could take things too far.
It just makes me sad, honestly.

Someone is not willing to work and earn an honest living but is willing to knock on a stranger's car window and harass her about trading cards.

I mean ... the nerve ... the desperation ... the lack of self-worth and pride ... it's pathetic.

All so you can buy a $20 blaster and try to sell it for $60-80, and you're willing to spend an entire day loitering in a store to do so.

Making other shoppers uncomfortable, store employees uncomfortable, and literally stalking the card lady ... just because you feel some doosh bag entitlement to live your life a different way than honest folks do.

It's a shame.

Went to Target today in Chantilly VA..says not more than 5 to be sold..I know the  store and scored earlier this year and was tole to put back a blaster as I had 6 of various items..today = nothing..wiped out.  I know the person arrived today as is the schedule from years of shopping..so many people have to be there to wipe out EVERYTHING!!.. I mean everything!!!

So sad.

bonds20001 Wrote:Went to Target today in Chantilly VA..says not more than 5 to be sold..I know the  store and scored earlier this year and was tole to put back a blaster as I had 6 of various items..today = nothing..wiped out.  I know the person arrived today as is the schedule from years of shopping..so many people have to be there to wipe out EVERYTHING!!.. I mean everything!!!

So sad.
After last night's conversation, what was once considered annoying now borders on criminal between the loitering, stalking and unemployment fraud.

rjcj2017 Wrote:After last night's conversation, what was once considered annoying now borders on criminal between the loitering, stalking and unemployment fraud.
AYE AYE!!!

"Doosh Bag Network"

This sounds like a new streaming service, coming soon! Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

jack pfiester Wrote:"Doosh Bag Network"

This sounds like a new streaming service, coming soon! Tongue
I saw at least a dozen card-carrying members of the DBN in action yesterday.

I do what I gotta do to avoid seeing them or dealing with them.

rjcj2017 Wrote:So last night after I was sure the sharks had finally cleared out, I went back to Target.

The card lady was still there, and we struck up a conversation.

(Don’t worry, the sharks cleared out everything except for Allen & Ginter horseball and OPC hockey.)

Some great nuggets from our conversation:

-         Some people had loitered in the card aisle for several hours yesterday; this is common at each of her seven stores
-         Security had to be called over to the card aisle while she was putting product out to deal with the throng yesterday
-         She has people that actually know and follow her car from store to store
-         These people track product on an app and text each other which store to go to next
-         One doosh offered her $40 cash to let him know when and where she’s going next
-         She usually eats lunch in her car between stops and has had people knock on the window asking for certain products … while she’s eating in her car

Now, I’m not lucky like Doc to where I know the store manager and will have boxes put aside for me, but she did give me her business card and asked me to call both Excell and the Target corporation.

I think it’s safe to say we can all now agree that anyone who still thinks this is “good for the hobby” is just as big a doosh bag as the actual Doosh Bag Network itself.

If that lady was a relative of mine, heaven help the doosh bag that knocked on her car window the next time.
Wow
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)