`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Had an Interesting Conversation with the Card Lady Last Night

RE: Had an Interesting Conversation with the Card Lady Last Night
I haven't been lucky enough to actually see them in action since I usually only get to the stores after hours when feeding frenzy is over. Came close this week. Went to Target at lunch and card lady was still there and told me they were about 12 deep waiting for her. Was surprised it wasn't wiped out so got a few things. Talked to her for a bit about this bunch and how because of them I wasn't able to usually buy anything. Realizing I was just a normal collector she pulled out a Mosaic football mega (I've been trying to get a Tua rookie) and handed it to me. Said she hates seeing them swarm the aisle so didn't put a couple out right away. Very nice lady. No luck on the Tua though but did get one from Prestige last night so can check that off my list. Heading up to Meijer soon. The card lady there seems to go on Saturdays. Maybe I can get lucky again today.

(10-09-2020, 06:08 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: "Doosh Bag Network"

This sounds like a new streaming service, coming soon! Tongue
Coming soon to the History Channel - Cardboard Wars. Watch wannabe paramilitaries follow retail vans around hunting for megas and blasters. See the riveting action of those a minute too late to the party have to refund all the presales on ebay when the product comes up dry. Marvel at the razor thin margins the DBN Bros earn after gas, tax, ebay, and paypal all eat into their margins.

jplarson Wrote:Coming soon to the History Channel - Cardboard Wars.  Watch wannabe paramilitaries follow retail vans around hunting for megas and blasters.  See the riveting action of those a minute too late to the party have to refund all the presales on ebay when the product comes up dry.  Marvel at the razor thin margins the DBN Bros earn after gas, tax, ebay, and paypal all eat into their margins.
LOL ... "not realizing, in the process, they could have been filling out job applications that would have eventually resulted in their automatic removal of Doosh Bag status."

mmahoney Wrote:I haven't been lucky enough to actually see them in action since I usually only get to the stores after hours when feeding frenzy is over.  Came close this week.  Went to Target at lunch and card lady was still there and told me they were about 12 deep waiting for her.  Was surprised it wasn't wiped out so got a few things.  Talked to her for a bit about this bunch and how because of them I wasn't able to usually buy anything.  Realizing I was just a normal collector she pulled out a Mosaic football mega (I've been trying to get a Tua rookie) and handed it to me.  Said she hates seeing them swarm the aisle so didn't put a couple out right away.  Very nice lady.  No luck on the Tua though but did get one from Prestige last night so can check that off my list.  Heading up to Meijer soon.  The card lady there seems to go on Saturdays.  Maybe I can get lucky again today.
It's nice to know some people are starting to recognize the dooshery and setting some stuff aside.

Maybe that's what actually happened with my epic Optic basketball blaster back in March ... the guy just handed it to me ... ?

I have a feeling that most stores aren't going to tolerate the dooshery much longer ... not because they give two s---s about the cards but because of the loitering and harassment of the workers.

Update to my post....

Timed it right and card lady was at Meijer. Walked up and everything was empty. She proceeded to tell me the DBN has stooped to new lows. All of her boxes were already cleared out in the back storage area when she got there. Says she was sorry. Knows I collect baseball and her other store yesterday had about a dozen Bowman Chrome Mega boxes. Amazing. Either a store employee took for themselves or gave to a shark. Amazing.

mmahoney Wrote:Update to my post....

Timed it right and card lady was at Meijer.  Walked up and everything was empty. She proceeded to tell me the DBN has stooped to new lows. All of her boxes were already cleared out in the back storage area when she got there. Says she was sorry. Knows I collect baseball and her other store yesterday had about a dozen Bowman Chrome Mega boxes. Amazing. Either a store employee took for themselves or gave to a shark. Amazing.
Wow, that's a new one.

That will be the next wave ... seedy employees using their discounts to buy up everything before it even hits the shelves for the doosh bags to swarm it.

In a way, I love that ... hopefully the DBN branch in your area hung out all day just to find out the card lady didn't have anything.

Because, remember, sharks ... there's always a bigger fish, and there's no loyalty when it comes to doosh baggery ... you just got eaten by a bigger doosh bag.

Honestly, that's the best thing I've heard all week.

Stinks for you but maybe if that happens enough the DBN will just slither back under its rock.

Love Meijer though!

rjcj2017 Wrote:Wow, that's a new one.

That will be the next wave ... seedy employees using their discounts to buy up everything before it even hits the shelves for the doosh bags to swarm it.

In a way, I love that ... hopefully the DBN branch in your area hung out all day just to find out the card lady didn't have anything.

Because, remember, sharks ... there's always a bigger fish, and there's no loyalty when it comes to doosh baggery ... you just got eaten by a bigger doosh bag.

Honestly, that's the best thing I've heard all week.

Stinks for you but maybe if that happens enough the DBN will just slither back under its rock.

Love Meijer though!
I think the DBN collapses in pretty short order once the ridiculous idiots stop buying $20 blaster boxes for $80 online.

jbissell Wrote:I think the DBN collapses in pretty short order once the ridiculous idiots stop buying $20 blaster boxes for $80 online.
Panini is 1,000 percent complicit in this by charging so much for hobby boxes.

Let's say best case scenario you buy a Prizm hobby box for $1,000 and you pull a Joe Burrow auto.

That's a $250-$300 card.

Ummmm ... math?

It's a great pull at the normal box price of $200.

But this bubble has created some serious idiocy which has morphed into legit criminal behavior.

Once again, why does someone NEED to buy a hobby box @ $1,000? If brains were used and we refused to pay those prices, all this madness would end.

Where is our constraint? Where is our resolve? Pick up the cards you want on the secondary market up to 2 years later at a normal price. When you feel the need to rip (which we all do) buy Opening Day or Donruss or Topps Series 1 or Panini Chronicles.

Come on, Guys & Gals! Stop feeding the pigs!!

kerryandbeth Wrote:Once again, why does someone NEED to buy a hobby box @ $1,000?  If brains were used and we refused to pay those prices, all this madness would end.

Where is our constraint?  Where is our resolve?  Pick up the cards you want on the secondary market up to 2 years later at a normal price.  When you feel the need to rip (which we all do) buy Opening Day or Donruss or Topps Series 1 or Panini Chronicles.

Come on, Guys & Gals!  Stop feeding the pigs!!
Couldn't have said it better myself, my friend.

Crazy4Kinzler said he saw some doosh at an LCS buy a Mosaic blaster for $185 and walk away the big winner by pulling a Zion Williamson RC.

That's the best card in the set and you can literally at this moment buy one for $38.99 on Doosh Bay.

But hey, I guess it's much more fun to support the Doosh Bag Network and take a $150 loss in the process.

One thing I have realized ... these idiots deserve each other.