`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah That's Right - 1 Box of Topps Match Attax Soccer

RE: Yeah That's Right - 1 Box of Topps Match Attax Soccer
ZSDOne Wrote:Soccer cards reportedly have gotten insanely high recently - like basketball its a global market with the most popular teams in the world and some of the most popular and famous athletes in the world - and finally having a huge American star on a top team in the  top global league is really leading more people buying here.  

And with everything Prizsm going wild, I guess its not surprise

But in March, I got probably a dozen of  the Prizsm retail boxes at $10 a piece - that the retail sharks that were buying  up football and basketball left them probably is explained that they have no idea just how popular the Premiere League is.

Since there is a major NASCAR track here, I am actually surprised that NASCAR cards don't sell more here - but I am not going to be buying  NASCAR unless it is dirt cheap (I did like the Press Pass Racing Legends that had Indy Car drivers and drag racers).  Apparently that is typical - the LCS owner here told me he doesn't stock NASCAR cards because people just don't buy them.
I've given up guessing what is going on and why people want what they want, LOL

jbissell Wrote:My son loves F1 racing! I wonder what a Lewis Hamilton auto is going to be worth?
Yeah, I'm interested to see what prices and demand are. It's a sport with global popularity. They're also doing Topps NOW and Dynasty for the high-end stuff. I wouldn't mind a Hamilton, LeClerc or a Ricciardo auto. The team principles are also getting autos in those products which is kinda funny to me.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

cjgiannini Wrote:Yeah, I'm interested to see what prices and demand are. It's a sport with global popularity. They're also doing Topps NOW and Dynasty for the high-end stuff. I wouldn't mind a Hamilton, LeClerc or a Ricciardo auto. The team principles are also getting autos in those products which is kinda funny to me.
I wonder if they'll do retail so that I can't find it.

rjcj2017 Wrote:A grand for a box of soccer cards?

If I wouldn't have pulled the Messi and Ronaldo I would have been pissed about wasting $10!
I thought it might be $200 for a box. When I saw what it really was all I could do was laugh.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I wonder if they'll do retail so that I can't find it.
I always see racing blasters at the Targets in the Bay Area (that and WWE are always available it seems). F1 isn't super popular here, so I'm hoping they'll stay on the shelves long enough to buy some.

cjgiannini Wrote:I always see racing blasters at the Targets in the Bay Area (that and WWE are always available it seems). F1 isn't super popular here, so I'm hoping they'll stay on the shelves long enough to buy some.
Facts

ZSDOne Wrote:Don't tell the retail sharks about soccer cards having  things of value in them - Prizsm Premiere League was my go to fun retail purchase last year after the sharks struck and cleared out the other sports
They already know.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:They already know.
Part of the reason I named them sharks is because they literally gobble up anything ... sea otter, anchovies, old tires, license plates, racing cards, soccer cards, etc.

I've seen them sitting on the shelves and I just can't do it. I honestly think I'd probably rip packs of Panini stickers before I'd go down the soccer and NASCAR road.

I know people love soccer and it's going to be the "next big sport" in America for, like, the last 25 years, but I just can't. So boring. Same with NASCAR, but if I want to watch rednecks turn left, I can just go to my extended family's homes.

I also pass on hockey because I don't watch/care enough to justify spending money on it.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:I've seen them sitting on the shelves and I just can't do it. I honestly think I'd probably rip packs of Panini stickers before I'd go down the soccer and NASCAR road.

I know people love soccer and it's going to be the "next big sport" in America for, like, the last 25 years, but I just can't. So boring. Same with NASCAR, but if I want to watch rednecks turn left, I can just go to my extended family's homes.

I also pass on hockey because I don't watch/care enough to justify spending money on it.
Fair enough, my friend.

I've purchased exactly two hangers of soccer (I guess this latest one qualifies as a hanger because it's $10 and the same shape box, even though they don't hang them) and I believe one or two blasters of NASCAR when Danica Patrick's rookie card came out.

Other than that, I'm primarily the big three, although I actually could rule out baseball if I had to and probably stick to Lions singles in football if I had to.

Basketball is actually my favorite to collect, but, you know, no product available since March - "it's a good thing for the hobby!" - so I got into hockey a little bit more this year because of the Vegas Golden Knights.