`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah That's Right - 1 Box of Topps Match Attax Soccer

Yeah That's Right - 1 Box of Topps Match Attax Soccer
A few years back I bought one retail hanger box of Revolution Soccer because of the Christian Pulisic rookie card hype.

I pulled the Pulisic in said hanger box and was good on soccer cards for a few years.

Well, for pretty much everybody these days, the only retail cards you can consistently find are soccer, so I broke down and bought one of these today at Target for $9.99, hoping for Ronaldo and Messi:

[Image: Box.jpg]

I knew I was off to a good start when I opened the box and this was the card on top of the cello pack:

[Image: Ronaldo.jpg]

Was pleasantly surprised that underneath the cello pack were six actual packs to open:

[Image: Packs.jpg]

Was very happy to pull this guy in the fourth pack:

[Image: Messi.jpg]

So I got the gold Ronaldo and the silver Messi, and can call it good on soccer for another few years.

RE: Yeah That's Right - 1 Box of Topps Match Attax Soccer
Don't tell the retail sharks about soccer cards having things of value in them - Prizsm Premiere League was my go to fun retail purchase last year after the sharks struck and cleared out the other sports

ZSDOne Wrote:Don't tell the retail sharks about soccer cards having  things of value in them - Prizsm Premiere League was my go to fun retail purchase last year after the sharks struck and cleared out the other sports
Truth be told I haven't seen any racing in a while, either.

I think it's a combo of the collectors like me just wanting something to open and the idiot sharks thinking every trading card product has some mystical value.

Nice! My youngest son briefly delved into soccer cards for a year, and ultimately went back to baseball cards. The Panini soccer cards are real nice.

jbissell Wrote:Nice! My youngest son briefly delved into soccer cards for a year, and ultimately went back to baseball cards. The Panini soccer cards are real nice.
Even though I'm not into the horse, boat and sword cards in Allen & Ginter, one thing I always appreciate about them is that they usually offer cards of athletes in other sports.

Even when I purged the bulk of my collection a couple of years ago I held onto the 2012 Roger Federer card for example.

So it's nice to add these two soccer players to the multisport collection.

ZSDOne Wrote:Don't tell the retail sharks about soccer cards having  things of value in them - Prizsm Premiere League was my go to fun retail purchase last year after the sharks struck and cleared out the other sports
I watched Phil Hughes open a Prizm Hobby box. It looks fun but apparently they're going for close to $1,000 which is outrageous to me.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

rjcj2017 Wrote:Truth be told I haven't seen any racing in a while, either.

I think it's a combo of the collectors like me just wanting something to open and the idiot sharks thinking every trading card product has some mystical value.
I don't follow NASCAR but Topps is releasing some Formula 1 product at the end of the year and I'm thinking of buying some of their Topps Chrome product if the prices are reasonable.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

cjgiannini Wrote:I watched Phil Hughes open a Prizm Hobby box. It looks fun but apparently they're going for close to $1,000 which is outrageous to me.
A grand for a box of soccer cards?

If I wouldn't have pulled the Messi and Ronaldo I would have been pissed about wasting $10!

rjcj2017 Wrote:A grand for a box of soccer cards?

If I wouldn't have pulled the Messi and Ronaldo I would have been pissed about wasting $10!
Soccer cards reportedly have gotten insanely high recently - like basketball its a global market with the most popular teams in the world and some of the most popular and famous athletes in the world - and finally having a huge American star on a top team in the  top global league is really leading more people buying here.  

And with everything Prizsm going wild, I guess its not surprise

But in March, I got probably a dozen of  the Prizsm retail boxes at $10 a piece - that the retail sharks that were buying  up football and basketball left them probably is explained that they have no idea just how popular the Premiere League is.

Since there is a major NASCAR track here, I am actually surprised that NASCAR cards don't sell more here - but I am not going to be buying  NASCAR unless it is dirt cheap (I did like the Press Pass Racing Legends that had Indy Car drivers and drag racers).  Apparently that is typical - the LCS owner here told me he doesn't stock NASCAR cards because people just don't buy them.

cjgiannini Wrote:I don't follow NASCAR but Topps is releasing some Formula 1 product at the end of the year and I'm thinking of buying some of their Topps Chrome product if the prices are reasonable.
My son loves F1 racing! I wonder what a Lewis Hamilton auto is going to be worth?