`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ebay buyer scam.

RE: Ebay buyer scam.
I once had a packet paid and flagged as shipped and never saw anything in my mailbox. It was then that I realized that there was no guarantee for that buy. Foolish me! It's not that I'm surprised anyway. Even with Paypal protection you can get scammed as the techniques these people use are getting better and better. I had a friend who lost 5k due to credit card theft last week just by having malware on his PC that kept redirecting him to unknown sites. At a point he subscribed to one without checking first on http://wpaudioplayer.com/ if it was safe to do so and got in a long wait to get his money back from his bank.

eBay needs to adopt cryptocurrencies as a form of payment. None of these scams would be possible if crypto was used.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(03-27-2021, 04:13 PM)hempick Wrote: eBay needs to adopt cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.  None of these scams would be possible if crypto was used.
Yeah, no.
[Image: 7e05cd32-5a38-4267-ab39-2907f77a168b_zps1c405ba7.jpg]

eBay recently changed some of the policies that seem to protect buyers a little more regarding sports cards. Check these links out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgfinance/comm...rn_policy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrenAW8uaUo
Thanks,
- Steve

(03-27-2021, 10:30 PM)mozzie22 Wrote: Yeah, no.
Why not?

Cryptocurrencies are far better than credit card payments would be. Much fairer to the seller and the buyer.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I also heard that crypto has a very secure payment system, a lot better than transactions with usual money.

(03-28-2021, 01:20 PM)hempick Wrote: Why not?

Cryptocurrencies are far better than credit card payments would be.  Much fairer to the seller and the buyer.
Why not??? have you seen how much the value of crypros has dropped lately????

Hello all,
I have been collecting for 30+ years, and just found out I could sell here on Beckett. I have no interest in trading, just selling off the collection as the kids are all getting older and getting married, the wife wants to travel more etc. These things are expensive. I have cards and sets from all 4 major sports, dating back to the early 50s, signatures, jersey, stick, patch cards, etc. some graded, some not. 1000s and 1000s of cards. I've sold 13 of my 14 Gretzky rookies on ebay, 3 of my 4 Orr rookies and similar to other posts I have read here, was disgusted with the high commission ebay charges. I've paid them thousands, very fruatrating.
My question is this, when I search Gretzky rookie card here on Beckett, I get zero results. I have several cards that should fetch $1000s per, Gretzkys, Lemieuxs, Bryants, Mantles, older rookies, etc., but after a 5 minute search, I couldn't find any cards worth more than $400. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is Beckett not the platform to sell higher end cards? 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to use ebay, if there is a better option.

(06-23-2021, 01:21 PM)raymondjduplin@gmail. Wrote: My question is this, when I search Gretzky rookie card here on Beckett, I get zero results. I have several cards that should fetch $1000s per, Gretzkys, Lemieuxs, Bryants, Mantles, older rookies, etc., but after a 5 minute search, I couldn't find any cards worth more than $400. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is Beckett not the platform to sell higher end cards? 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to use ebay, if there is a better option.
If I can't find something I go as generic as possible.  In this case I just searched 'wayne gretzky'.  I find 1979 O-Pee-Chee $6k, and 1979 Topps $3k, right off the bat...

I also heard that crypto has a very secure payment system, a lot better than transactions with usual money. This is in advantage, and disadvantage at the time, because if you lose the key to your crypto wallet, you're kinda screwed, because you can't recover it. When I am doing normal money transaction, or buying from some website, I am not worried at all from the moment I got kyc aml software for anti-fraud, and if you have it, you can be completely sure that nothing bad will happen with your money or account.